Help Needed weeeeell crap!

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok fellas... whats the deal here....put 20$ worth of diesel in the truck ontop of the quarter tank i already had. drove 30-35 miles to a relatives house killed the truck and about 4hrs later when i went to leave the truck wouldnt start. kept cranking and cranking. thought ok maybe theres water in the wfs so i drained that out and still nothing. could the fuel pump be bad? maybe, but at 91k? oh well having it towed to a shop tomorrow morning....guess well see...just wondering if this has happened to any of yall....

thanks in advance!!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What do you drive. FILL out your signature so we all know what you drive. Go to the Quick Links on the Blue Line above and click on EDIT SIGNATURE and fill it out.

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Dave said, also that's only about 5 gal of fuel, and how many miles did you drive?
Doug

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry...its an 05 fx4 lariat... had a quarter tank already in it so i only threw in $20. i do this every weekend. i fill up in lafayette and then drive home to houston and i end up with about 3/8 of a tank left so $20 gets me around the whole weekend. and as far as how many miles did i drive its about 30-35 miles. got a tow truck coming to pick it up and take it to a shop with a tech that from what other 6.0L guys have told me....knows em like the palm of his hand.

thanks again yall

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the tech got it started...how i have no clue...then he said something about a snap ring...wasnt paying attention really as i was driving...then he said its either that snap ring or yep you guessed it the HPOP.... esp better cover that! otherwise im stuck in the heart with a spoon for $3,200.

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the tech got it started...how i have no clue...then he said something about a snap ring...wasnt paying attention really as i was driving...then he said its either that snap ring or yep you guessed it the HPOP.... esp better cover that! otherwise im stuck in the heart with a spoon for $3,200.

Snap ring sounds like the STC fitting since it's a SnapToConnect fitting and plastic to boot. In-laws just had there's replaced a couple of months ago with same symptoms. Started and ran fine cold but after a short drive had no start until they let it cool completely.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well here i am over a week later and no truck... warranty adjuster was supossed to show up last friday to look at it and take pictures,...but he was a no show. finally showed up today so hopefully ill hear something soon. haha! first thing he noticed was the egr delete. thankfully he understands the 6.0's and how everyone is deleting them. said he aint going to tell the higher ups about it but if they see it aint on the motor in the pics then "sorry buddy".

thanks for all yalls help. will let ya know when i get it back... if i get it back...lol

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
where ya having the truck looked at? with what company do you have your warranty adjuster from?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58