Weird, funny, and sad....all at the same time.

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I gave in to the temptation. I'd just driven 140 miles round-trip to show a guy my truck....sounded like he was ready to buy. He was a tire kicker. I got back into town and was at a light on the 46 Bypass when a jacked up '98 F-350 std cab SRW 4x4 turbo PSD pulled up beside me. I mean it was nice....perfect cosmetically, plus the engine sounded mean through a huge open exhaust, and what looked to be 16/35 muds on it. When he blasted away from the light, smoke everywhere and sounded like a dragster....and a handshaker at that. Though he blew way on down the road in front of me, I eased up beside him at the next light.

I felt shitty about the truck sale falling through, the dude in the '98 was grinning real evil and looking down his nose at me....I sowwy, I was bad. As I'm real gentle on the 1st to 2nd shift and he's slicker pulling second gear, he got me by two lengths out of the hole, but from there on out with my turbo spooled I caught him in 5th and could have bump drafted him for the next mile to the bypass get-off. Yeah, no illusions....my truck runs damned good, but not that good. I figure the tall tires and maybe 3.55 rears did him in. I didn't ask.

He took the hard left sweeper exit to Hwy 37 North which I refused to hammer on because I'm scared of my ball joint issue....and I lost sight of him after that. Three miles on down 37 there he was, pulled off on the side of the highway motioning me to pull over. I thought he might have broke something. Cutting to the chase, he'd noticed the for sale sign in my truck, looked it over, and I took his check to the bank today. I made my pay-off with some extra....enough to buy my wife the new Taco she's been begging me for before winter sets in.

Now I'm in the hunt for an '06/'07 SD. Larry's waiting on final word from Ford Customer Care on their buy-back proposition....funny because he hasn't had even one tiny issue with his truck, but he's capitalizing on the prospect so he can pick up an '07.

I have been through so many emotional twists and turns this past week I don't know whether to wind my tail or scratch my watch....but, all in all....I'm happy.:D

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me, the weirdest part is....why would Ford buy back Larry's '06 when the only problem it's had in 36K miles is one of the alternators fried? They contacted him. He's never had one complaint about that 6.0 dually, but he'll jump at the chance to slide into an '07.

Yeah, Brad Dillman at Dillman Farms is strange if you use anyone other than me as the yardstick. I'll bet his '98 would have ate my lunch if it had 4.88s. Now, if the check doesn't bounce.....:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58