Weird noise in the dash on left side??

Trevor73402

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2008 F250 KR 4x4. I have a weird noise coming from inside the dash on the right (passenger) side. It sounds like a small electric motor of some kind running. It does it all the time even with the fan/AC/heater off and the radio off. Any ideas on what it could be?

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It might be the fuel pump under the driver's seat. It is attached to the frame. This is the only other motor I can think of. Does it go on and off after some time? If it does, then it is the fuel pump.

Dave

Trevor73402

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No, this is in the dash, like right behind or in the near area of the glove compartment. It's always on, but not at a constant, it's like it cuts in and out for a second. It's hard to explain, bit it sounds just like a little RC car motor hooked up to a 9v battery. At first I thought it might be like a vent acctuator for the a/c or heater, but who knows. It runs non stop though and it's not normal.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trevor- I've had the same problem with mine for a long time. Mine sounds like what you describe, but mine has a "clicking" sound also. The only way I can explain it is- it sounds just like there's a computer hard drive crunching away like crazy between the radio and glove box.

There's no rhyme or reason to the sound- motor on/off, air or heater on/off, radio or cd on/off..... just seems to do it whenever it feels like it!

I've mentioned it to the dealership, but somehow the truck knows when it's near the shop. It mysteriously stops when the tech is listening, and I get some really strange looks. I've just learned to ignore it- doesn't seem to effect performance, so until something breaks down, guess I'll just have to live with it. :dunno

If you find out what it is let me know, and I'll do the same!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Help but:

Murphy's Law # 262

When you take your Vehicle back to the Dealer for an Anomaly.. The Anomaly.. WILL NOT.. present itself.

As soon as you leave, Totally Embarrassed, It WILL.. return.

;)

My GMC Van had a Chime that would Ding twice .. when it wanted to, but not at the Dealer. One day, it Screached.. I never heard it again.

Go Figure :dunno

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That noise you hear is an electric vacuum pump to fill a reservoir tank for the air conditioning and electronic 4 wheel drive, it's actually on the outside on the passenger side of the fire wall. If it's running continuously then there's a leak some where in the system.

Last edited:

The Lip

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just had mine in for a similar problem. Could be what mine had
It was the Hydro Boost Seal. Brake pedal made a noise when pressed.
S -

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58