Weird Problem??

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
Last year, when it was cold I noticed that I always had a leak. It was diesel fuel. I kind of let it go and when it warmed up outside, it stopped leaking. Now it started getting cool again and the leak came back. The only thing I can think it possibly is, is the fuel bowl drain o-rings. I think maybe when it's cold they are shrinking letting it leak.
I also want to know if the leak would hinder the truck's ability to start.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
It stoped the leak when I replaced them on my old truck. You have to use a certain type of o-ring so the diesel fuel won't eat them up. I know you can get kits for that but it is cheaper to get them at a parts store if you know the right material to look for. I'm sure somebody will know cuz I can't think of it now. It shouldn't make a difference on starting your truck but it sure makes a mess under the truck.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
come fall i make sure our parts dept. stocks up on those common rail CP3 pumps....(junk)....because when those cold temps hit the pumps all PUKE!

those o-rings are the first place i would look, and like f100 said, make sure you get the correct rings, not generic ones from the hardware store.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
and yes, it may hinder the truck's ability to start, as it will increase the possibility of sucking air into the fuel system

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
Thanks JL, that is the answer I was looking for. I already ordered the viton o-rings to see if that is the problem, so I should be good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58