weird thump under feet

chuck416ex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
when ever i hit a bump i can feel & hear a thump in the floor of truck. 3 out fo 5 buddys with s/d have the same noise/feeling. i had the ball joints last year, took truck back to tire shop and had the front end inspected,everything checked out ok.took the front end guy for ride ,went back to shop and still cant find out what it is. HELP!!! THIS IS DRIVING MY CRAZY.

atk

Reaction score
what year is your truck?

you have a front sway bar? check sway bar bushings and end links. common cause of this type of noise on these trucks....

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing....I was just gonna ride untill either I learned to live with it, or something else happened to it that would point me in a better direction. I thought it was from my passenger sway arm bracket being broke, but I fixed that and its still doing it.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
also, check your exhaust. i had this happen to me about a month after i installed my 4 inch exhaust. it was hitting a tranny crossmember bolt. check out the pics. does it happen every time you turn left?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, check your exhaust. i had this happen to me about a month after i installed my 4 inch exhaust. it was hitting a tranny crossmember bolt. check out the pics. does it happen every time you turn left?

Nope....just when I'm geading straight down the road. Did it with my stock exhaust 2 weeks ago and still doing it. I'm thinking it may be my hub(s). When I was getting my sway bar bracket fixed I had them to check out my driver side hub. When they took it out and spun it, it rattled. I don't know if its suppose to be like or what....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg