weld or clamp the exhaust?

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the threads on here about exhaust systems. I am getting ready to purchase an exhaust system and alot of the other performance goodies.

I notice that the most of the exhaust systems come with clamps to hold everything together. Is this sufficient or should the system be welded together? I don't have a welder, but I can take it too a shop if need be for welding. Just want to do it right.

I am looking at an aluminized system, because I can't remember the last time it was cold enough for the roads to need salting here in North Texas!!:D :D

fgtex

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mod party

And this mod party I hear rumors about on a few threads sounds like a good idea!

fgtex

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fgtex I bought my exhaust in the alum series from Magnaflow and it has all clamps in the kit but after I get it adjusted right I'll have it welded up secure. Check out my post on the where to buy exhaust, were working on a date and location here in north texas for mod day the more the merry.

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i got a 4 inch hog performance exhaust (304 stainless steel) and it came with 304 stainless clamps, nice ones too. the install was nice and easy went together wonderfully. got mine from everythingoffroad.com before i was a member here (dont even know if any sponsers carry hog). good luck with what every you choose

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58