Well guys, I fianlly did it...

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I dont post very much, but after tons and tons of research and homework on here and visiting dealerships, watching Autotrader I finally got the truck I wanted after about 5 months of looking.

Traded my current DD (S10) for an 01 F250 XLT 4x4 Supercab with a 6 foot bed, Powerstroke 'course. I found it yesterday about 12 miles from my house on a dealers lot. They just got the truck in, hadn't even been inspected yet is why I had to wait until today to do all the paperwork.

After doing my personal inspection on the truck yesterday, coolant looked good when I tested it on a Fleetguard strip, practically rust free underneath, no noticeable wear or leaks.. Motor and drivetrain looks like it's been maintained properly, and after getting a carfax from the dealer and a Ford Oasis report, I decided I couldn't pass this up, this truck is going to be sold fast with only 58,182 miles on her.

I'm not too thrilled about having a truck that isn't paid off again, however I can look past that and think about some basic mods...

Speaking of that, I was thinking adding a triple gauge a-pillar, nice MBRP 4'' exhaust, AFE's stage 2 intake, maybe a burned chip or a one of the programmers.. however, this wont be happening for a little while.

I'll probably spend some time this weekend checking her out in the garage, after I get to drive it around a bit. It's a little bit of a different animal than an S10, this is my first diesel BTW.

F250.jpg

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Identical process to how I obtained my truck. Congrats....don't worry about the payments as the pleasure I get from driving my truck make them very easy to make.:sweet

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, looks good!!!

Go for the overhead pod, you will like it better in the long run... Let us know if you need any help spending money or moding it... Lots of free and cheap mods!!!

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
Nice, looks good!!!

Go for the overhead pod, you will like it better in the long run... Let us know if you need any help spending money or moding it... Lots of free and cheap mods!!!

Yeah, you have a TON of gauges. :thumbs

Friends of mine rag on me for having 4 Autometer gauges in my Lightning, triple a-pillar pod and a steering wheel pod. I just have bolt ons for my L, nothing too serious.. plus I only drive it real nice warmer weather, I guess you can call it a garage queen.

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
looks like a great truck your getting there... just be carefull with the mods... i said i was just gonna do the exhaust, then it was the the exhaust and air intake, now ive only had my truck for about 4 months and look at my signature :sweet... still havent paid it off!!!! damn PMS

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I got an extended warranty on the truck, so I'm going to try and contain the mod bug.

The dealership I bought it from sold a modded 7.3 a few months ago, so I think they are friendly about that. I forgot to ask about that before I left last night.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl