well i guess its rebuild time

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i guess its rebuild time/its alive and running

ok guys.i am going to post this here instead of the other place.to many people know whats best for someone else truck over their .if you know what i mean.i will post pictures here as it come's along.
first off,some of you know me and most never ever have heard of tubzz.(which is the way i like it)i'm just a guy with a little truck that happens to run very well.i'm not realy a one vender kind of guy (though i only go to one person for my tuning,and one shop for my injector work)which is because of their custmor serves.
anyway,i had a rocker break on #4.this is the secound time i have had a problem with this cyclinder.last time it was a broken & bent push rod.now that i fixed it.i have a knock that can be heard from inside the cab but you can't hear it outside because of the chadder.
so here is my other engine.it a early 99 that the truck burnt.it has been out in the weather for i don't know how long and i don't know how many miles it has on it.i do know i'm going to tear it apart and rebuild it.

i plan on going with harden stock rods,some coated bearings,new pistons,and then spined some money on the top end like a cam.harden push rods,and valve springs,nothing carzy,just stout.i will never get any drugs to run on it.it doesn't need it.i can run with most of them already on just #2
what have some of you guys done when doing a rebuild?and what is wrong in my plan?
oh,and all my mods will be moving to the new engine(headstuds,turbo,ect)
:thanks and stay tuned.
will be pulling heads off tonight with new pics coming:thumbs

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
-popcorn -popcorn

Sorry to hear of your trobble but very interested in your project.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Terry since you arent going to be using drugs your plan sounds good to me :sweet . Maybe one of these days our trucks or well at least my truck will be running long enough to meet up at the dragstrip :eek: :roflmao . As of now my tuning trip down to tony's is gonna be early may, hope ya can make it:thumbs .

Luke

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yeah Terry, I wont go into what you should have or need to have or try to push any of "this and that" on you. You posted here for a reason, you have a plan and you want to know if there are any serious flaws in it..... I cant see anything major that I would change. I assume you are going to use your current fuel system and hair dryer on the rebuild?

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the heads off,man i think it came out of a boat.note the cat fish pond in #5 hole.
we did pull one bent push rod out.i don't know were cause the wife was pulling them.everything came apart great.i hope it stays that way.
i will pull the front cover and pan tomorrow night.i only get 2 to 3 hrs to work on it during the weak.

luke,we will get together one of these day.i now we have been trying for what a year now.always your truck or mine had something wrong.we have to quit fallowing the others foot steps.it's going break both are wallets:roflmao

yes mike,all the mods i have now will be moved over to the new engine.i really like how it runs.:burnit

Last edited:

ryanPSD

Living in Kallynogunforya
Reaction score
tubzz said:
ok guys.i am going to post this here instead of the other place.to many people know whats best for someone else truck over their .if you know what i mean.

Yup... I'm sure you all haven't missed the latest drama thread over there. :rolleyes:

I can't offer anything but I'll definitely sit back, stay tuned, and hope that it all goes well for you! -popcorn

You too, Luke!!

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
tubzz said:
got the heads off,man i think it came out of a boat.

:lmao ... No real advice here other than I think you are headed in the right direction...Good luck and I look forward to following your build! -popcorn

-Casey

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
On your valve springs? Are you using CC springs locks and retainers? Or are you going with the old faithful "rev kit"? Stock HG?

Sorry to hear bout the breakage but it's always fun to hear about a rebuild. -popcorn

3-StarJ.R.

53 year old kid.....
Reaction score
Whoa! your right,she's had some h20 in there for a while. I know your gonna do everything you can do to control costs and as we talked about you do have access to a full time mech. for advice..... Since you don't know the mileage clean up the cyl. , mike it, and see if you might have to go a little oversize......and with the ability your gonna have to bump up the rpm's, give some thought to getting the bottom end balanced, Internationals tolerances on bottom end weight is terrible, since the power band @ stock is such a low rpm.....

Terry & Wanda: :burnit :burnit
:sweet :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58