Went flat trackin at the fair last night!

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well entered my first flat track race with my atv. I have never seen in person a flat track race. Nore have I ever thought I'd try one. A few buddies of mine do it so since it was at our local fair i'd give it a shot. Took my 08 kawi kfx450r. Its not set up at all for flat track. Has trail tires and normal engine mods. All stock suspension. I took a ratchet strap and lowered the rear end down. I raced in the 450 class, 500cc-700cc class and the utility class. I pretty much got every hole shot and lead a few laps then I would mess up and lose haha. 450 class I didnt do good at all. Plus most of those guys have lots in their quads and are set up for this racing. 500 to 700 class I won my last chance qualifier and was in the main event. Got the hole shot led a few laps then sucked after that. I ended up 5th overall. I was very pleased. Utility class it was just me and my buddy. I raced my 05 kawi bruteforce 750 and he had his 03 kawi prairie 650. That was a blast tryin to man handle those tanks. I got first and he got second. I had so much fun there and loved talkin to everyone. I need lowering links and tires and I'd be all set. Next race is thursday in gardner ks so I think im headin there to race with my buddies. I will try to get some pics up.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have got BIT, by the Flat Track BUG :sly:)

Sound like a Fun time too ;tu

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I need lowering links and tires and I'd be all set. Next race is thursday in gardner ks so I think im headin there to race with my buddies. I will try to get some pics up.

You think that is all you need??? I used to race dinosaurs before the invention of the automobile, and I bought a whole lot more than that. Engine and tranny for starters. Good Luck Stroked!!

Dave :)

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have got BIT, by the Flat Track BUG :sly:)

Sound like a Fun time too ;tu

I got so many hobbys now haha. Sucks cause all are expensive haha. Im already lookin on ebay for some parts haha.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
You think that is all you need??? I used to race dinosaurs before the invention of the automobile, and I bought a whole lot more than that. Engine and tranny for starters. Good Luck Stroked!!

Dave :)

Luckily my atv already had full exhaust, k&n on it when I bought it. These 450's are damn fast right out of the crate. Ready to race. I just need tires and suspension parts to make it better. Atleast make it so I dont have to work it hard to get it in the turns hehe:D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckily my atv already had full exhaust, k&n on it when I bought it. These 450's are damn fast right out of the crate. Ready to race. >I just need tires and suspension parts to make it better<. Atleast make it so I dont have to work it hard to get it in the turns hehe:D

Here We GO ! Yer Bit, it's a Done Deal Now. :lmao:lmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58