Went into regen 5 times

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
A friend has one of these lemons.it went into regen 5 times yesterday with me in it.it finished each cycle.he did a 100 mile highway trip with it the day before, went into regen 3 times during that run.it smokes like a train almost everytime it's in regen, the smell from the exhaust is horrible.the smoke is thick and white like a blown head gasket.you would swear its burning coolant if you were behind it.has only 30,000 miles on it.there is something wrong with this truck but ford will not admit it.what could the problem be?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to have the EGR cooler looked at. Has the dealer updated the computer on the truck?? Also need to check the coolant level too.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Egr cooler is the stain box on the drivers side front of the motor? That's been replaced already due to a bad leak.its had all the updates.has only been to ford for all service and repairs.according to the dash hes only getting 9mpg with it.hes also hand calculated his mileage to 9mpg.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Egr cooler is the stain box on the drivers side front of the motor? That's been replaced already due to a bad leak.its had all the updates.has only been to ford for all service and repairs.according to the dash hes only getting 9mpg with it.hes also hand calculated his mileage to 9mpg.

What about the other one there is two.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is it and what amy if looking for?

Drive side, look behind the tire and plastic wheel well cover. It's long and runs under the exhaust manifold. Thats the one what always is the problem.

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Ford had an engineer come look at it.he had the egr coolers replaced with an updated version.engineer says there is nothing wrong with this truck.if the smoke was black instead of white id swear it was turned way up.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what the engineer has to say. I have had some problems with my truck smoking when it goes into DPF clean mode. Well today it went into cleaning mode sitting at a light and I had no smoke, friday it went into cleaning mode sitting at a light and it started smoking. I have been watching the degas bottle for coolant loss and there is none. When it does smoke it will do it untill I get to 45 mph then clears out and it's fine. I looked at the CCV and it a little wet but not to be a problem. Dealer has done all the updates. So I'm stumped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track