were is the glow plug relay? E350 box truck

bspan27801

I love those FORD's
Reaction score
will not start cold, 100k 7.3 e350 good batts now dead from trying to start, was told to check replace with glow plug mod. where is it and is it hard to repalce, and how to check?

also if i need glow plugs are they something to take to the dealer to fix, heard stories of them breaking? tha:notworthynks

03 Super Tank

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My last truck was a 7.3 and I replaced the relay myself. It is located on top of the motor I think back kind of by the fire wall. It looks like a selinoid on a gas rig. One way to check it is to turn your key to on as if you are going to warm the glow plugs and take a wrench and connect the two terminals on the relay for around 15 seconds. Then jump in the truck and start it. If it starts with no white smoke the relay is most likely bad. I think I paid $80 for my replacement relay from Ford.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in a van chassis it is going to be a bit of a pain it is still physically located in the front passenger's side of the valley just to the center line of the valve cover gasket.

To access it you will need to pull the doghouse off and get at it from the inside of the van. PS long monkey arms will be helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14