Were is the IDM located?

ladman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 1999 F350 was running the other day and then all of a sudden it shut off?
i have eleminated all the relays and fuses from being the problem, by replaceing all of them. i replaced the fuel filter and the CPS. The engine for some reason is not getting fuel. it gets fuel up to the Fuel filter but after that i dont know. i sprayed eaither into it and i wanted to run, but did not have the fuel to support it. It could be the HPOP or a injector sensor of some sort, but i have come to the conlution that it could be the IDM. the only thing is i dont know were to find it. i heard it is located on the drivers side and in the fender? Can some one shine some light on this for me.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
does the "wait to start" light come on?
if not, try the #30 fuse in the under-dash fuse panel.
if it's blown, unplug the white connector on the back of the fuel filter bowl and try another fuse..

if it still blows, the IDM is in a jewel of a spot.. up inside the left front fender... you have to take the bolts at the bottom of the fender plus the ones holding the plastic shield out to gain access...

ladman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yes the wait to start light does come on. the #30 fuse is not blown, all are good. So it is under the left fender. thats what i thought. Thanks

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
ICP sensor maybe...
I've seen more of them fail than IDM's...
IDM's usually fail because they're half-full of water...
ask me how I know this if you want...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg