Question Whad do you think?

Jakers24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This truck is my baby. I have done everything to this truck i wanted but now im moving to california and want something better on gas. This truck is a great truck with less then 180k miles on it. Its diesel of course. Keep in mind the FUEL PUMP IS OUT. This needs to be replaces. Its not the main pump is the 2nd pump. I just drive my jeep now. The truck won't start but does try to start. Will sell for 13k which is a scream for this truck or will do a partial trade for an suv or nice sedan. Truck has clear title lean free. This truck for less then $1000 total will be perfect i just dont have time and want something new. Dont call just e-mail me with pictures of possible trades or offers. The truck is all and runs great once the fuel pump is replaced. may do payments with 8k down and the rest paid within 6 months i hold title of course.

Here are a list of what it has

Chrome grill
Chrome 3 step step sides
electric start lock
Headache rack
2 rockford fosgates 12" subs
Rockford fosgate amp
13" auomaic flip down dvd player in back
7" touch screen dvd player in the front
incubus rims with matching spare with matching tire
35 inch tires with more then 2/3 trea
full size matching spare and rim
electric locks, windows, rear window, seats, peddals
heated front seats
cruise ac and heat all work great

The transmision was repaced about a year ago by economy. I have paperwork on it. Its a great tranny. New batteries, alternator and even a new EGR valve. This Truck runs great!

Here is what needs done

New windshild some time soon
New pasenger mirror peice. ($30 at barters)
and of course that fuel pump
and the carpets need cleaned. My kids have been in i many times.

This truck is well below priced. I have put thousands upon housands in this truck. Someone will be very happy with this. Its my baby.

He said he would sell it to me for 10,000 do you think he is just reatarted or something is really wrong with this truck? If so what could be wrong? How much do you think it could cost me to fix?
HELP HELP need to make a decision fast!

Jake

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm totally confused. Are you looking to sell a truck or buy one? What year is the truck?

Jakers24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2004 f-250 king ranch 6.0 I am looking to buy it. He said he thinks its the fuel pump but how do i not know if there is anything else wrong with it..it will turn over just not start like its not getting fuel.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It could be the HPOP (High Pressure Oil Pump) causing a no-start. That one is a lot more $$ to fix. Get the truck scanned before you make a decision.

Dave

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By scanned he means have a scanner plugged in and get the diagnostic codes. That should give you a pretty good idea what's wrong with the truck.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
These trucks are computer controlled. The computer stores various codes in memory for the faults it detects. These codes can be "scanned" to help determine the truck's problems. There is a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) diagnostic in the WIKI Section on the TOP BLUE LINE. A cheap scanner will not scan our trucks. A parts store scanner will not scan our trucks. You need a scanner that can scan CAN communications codes. It sounds complex, but not really. Good Luck.

Dave

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP seems to have posted an email from the seller. I'd stay away from this truck. Anyone dropping a rig $3k right off the bat for a repair that can be done easily for under $100 isn't giving you the full story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58