What car wax do u use?

FlatoutKrazy

diesel NEWB
Reaction score
Zaino products all the way http://www.zainobros.com outstanding products top to bottom. I used em on my 03 Harley f150 for years and have a bunch of trophies to show. I just got my new 04 Harley F250 a few weeks ago. I have clayed, paint cleaned and gotten 3 coat of wax on and it looks better than new. It is a little spendy but well worth it IMHO

whuisman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Last time I detailed (quick job), I clayed, polished w/ Megs #7, then waxed with TW Ice paste.

Not impressed with the Ice. Didn't last more than two car washes. Won't use it on anything other than the plastics from now on.

Next time (hopefully soon) I'll try some different products. Clay, then Megs Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner #1, then Megs ScratchX to polish some of the scratches, then NXT 2.0, then a final coat of Collinite 476s. The NTX 2.0 is supposed to make a great wet deep shine on dark colors, and the Collinite supposedly lasts a long time. I hope so.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still searching. Tell you what I just used this compound from 3M on the wife's black Expo and it took the hard water spots out. First wax that I have found that would take them out. It seemed everyday I was buying a new wax to try and remove the hard water stains. I had some turtle wax that I put on after but didn't give it that show room shine I was looking for.

I need to wax the truck now but want to start off with a good base and bring out the true shine. Have heard about the NX Generation, think I'll try that next.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
I wash my units once a week , I wonder if Im washing the wax off or the paint for that matter. Im always using denatured alcohol by the lower quarters to remove the road spooge . Im a try that ice.:dizzy

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3m products for compound polishing to get junk out of the paint and then mothers 3 stage polish/wax for regular use.

Fine69

Reaction score
I am still searching. Tell you what I just used this compound from 3M on the wife's black Expo and it took the hard water spots out. First wax that I have found that would take them out. It seemed everyday I was buying a new wax to try and remove the hard water stains. I had some turtle wax that I put on after but didn't give it that show room shine I was looking for.

I need to wax the truck now but want to start off with a good base and bring out the true shine. Have heard about the NX Generation, think I'll try that next.

I've used Meguir's NXT Generation on my truck, it works very good. I use that when I have time to really clean up my truck, if not, I just use Turtle Wax Liquid ICE.

Jason.

Spark plugs? HA
Reaction score
Dumb question about the turtle wax ice, does it remove little scratches aswell, or do I need to stick with the 3m scratch remover compound?

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Dumb question about the turtle wax ice, does it remove little scratches aswell, or do I need to stick with the 3m scratch remover compound?

Most waxes have fillers in them to hide small scratches. I would use what ever you are using as lons as you are getting the results that you are looking for.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I have a few that I use. I have not used any on this truck yet because its to cold to detail.

Collinite 845
Wet Obsession
Megs NXT 2.0
Megs #16
Megs #26

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64