what did i do?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
ok, let me first state that i had been up for 26 hours - 18 straight plowing in a target lot (8"):eek:

i parked my truck at work at 2 pm yesterday and DID NOT plug it in. got to truck this morning at 8:30 a.m. frozen solid, would not start. drained the booster jumper work had. it popped off a couple of times but would not stay lit. while jumping from a co-workers truck it rattled off again but would not fire so i stomped on the pedal 3 times........:doh::dunno:dizzy the gauges did a full sweep. as the title states - WHAT DID I DO?? it finally started after i had run 4 cords to the block heater and from the 1/2 hr. jump off of buddies truck....

NOW, i just got in from clearing my own driveway (i got home at 11 and took a nap til 5), while sitting in truck in driveway w/ the hi idle on listening to the radio i pushed the trip button and noticed it reset to zero cuz at a 1/4 tank of fuel gone i don't think i went 23.3 miles:doh:

my sleep deprived bad!!!

Last edited:

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has happened to me 2 times this winter...when the batteries get so low from cranking, the guages do a full sweep or the rpm needle has a small seizure back and forth , all the trip stuff resets, and the radio tunes to 590 am. I had to do the same thing to start mine. took 3 tries, popping a little, then doing nothing. Maybe your batteries got a little depleted from all the plowing?

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably the batteries (as already stated) I have disconnected my batteries in the past to clear a code or to clean terminals and it sounds exactly like what happened after I hooked them back up and fired it up.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
You are not alone red.

bama you don't know what cold IS?:lmao

krist: radio never did any type of 'reset'....

i believe the 3 pedal stomp is what caused the needles to sweep and trip to reset.....looking for confirmation on that from a 'smarter' authority...:lmao

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my batts might be a lil weaker than yours too...cheap ass wal mart batteries... when it happened to me it fired off, ran and stumbled a bit and died, then would not fire again. I ended up cranking it until dead, thats when the guages had a spasm and the radio retuned itself. jumped it with gf's monte carlo LOL and plugged it in, third or 4th try was the charm. but i was standing on the ground when cranking it, so I know i didn't touch the pedal. All because I forgot to plug in the truck when it was -15 out.

Maybe bama does know what cold is this weekend! sounds like they are gettin dumped on with snow! Be careful out there bama, people that never see snow out on the road in a storm is scary!

I was in texas a couple christmases ago and they got an inch of snow...quite the site, must have been 100 cars in the ditch between austin and dallas, and the road crews were out with street sweepers trying to clear the road:lmao

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
bama you don't know what cold IS?:lmao

krist: radio never did any type of 'reset'....

i believe the 3 pedal stomp is what caused the needles to sweep and trip to reset.....looking for confirmation on that from a 'smarter' authority...:lmao

Mine has done it about 3 times. For some reason, this winter has given me the most trouble.

No radio reset, only the trip counter.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i thought you had 70 degrees and sunny skies everyday....is there something you are not telling us...your truck should have no trouble starting everyday...

why is it the both of us seem to have similar issues.....maybe it is by 'osmosis'..:lmao

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I don't know red, it had struggled on a couple of occasions in 30* weather a few times, but If I plug it in for a 4 to 5 hours, it's all good.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58