What did you pay for your 6.7 diesel?

Discussion in 'General Super Duty Discussion' started by benjamin66, Nov 13, 2017.

1. benjamin66

benjamin66 SDD Junior Member

Guys, I'm looking to buy and wanted to put a finger on the pulse of the market. If you bought a 6.7 can you describe yours and the price.
    Long bed, 4x4, 250, 350, xlt, king ranch, etc etc

I'm looking to buy a 250, long bed, king ranch, 4x4

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

2. Blueswede

Blueswede SDD Junior Member

2011 F350, long bed, 4x4, XLT, has leather interior, plus pretty much every option available. Had 100,000 miles. Got it in February of last year. $35,000. But this is California......

3. Idaho

Idaho SDD Junior Member

On November 5, 2017 I purchased a like new 2014 F-350 SD Power Stroke 4x4 SRW. It's a Lariat Crew Cab Long Box with 32,300 miles on the odometer. The truck was a trade in at a Toyota dealership. Turns out I know the previous/first owner and was able to get all the service records. The truck was traded in only because he and his family had moved into town and most of their driving is now short trips.

Option:

FX4 Package
    Spray in bed liner
    Tow package with air bags & Rancho off road shocks
    Gooseneck hitch installed
    Fixed running boards
    Fuel wheels w/Toyo tires
    Leather seats
    Heated front seats
    Power seats
    Power adjust side mirrors
    Heated mirrors
    Power slide rear window
    Heated rear window
    Power adjust pedals
    Sony premium sound but no navigation
    Back up camera
    Drop down DVD player
    Step tail gate
    Privacy glass
    Power door locks
    Keyless entry
    Remote start

I looked for over a year before I made the purchase. The dealer gave the previous owner $44,000 for the trade in value (I asked the previous owner) and was originally asking $52,000. I purchased the truck for $46,500. The 36K bumper to bumper warranty has expired but the power train, restraint, corrosion and power stroke warranties remain. I also get free truck washes at the dealership for life and I have 3 miles of gravel road to get to my house and we get a fair amount of snow.

I noticed a rattle in the front end which sounded to me like a loose shock absorber and that's what it ended up being. Looks like the lower left side front shock bolt had been cross threaded from the factory so the shock was able to move inside the mount and egged out the bracket. It's repaired now. Makes it nice when your neighbor has a well equipped shop with about every fab tool you can imagine!

As I said I looked for over a year mostly because I wasn't ready to buy and like you wanted to learn the market and what was a good deal. I looked at another 2014 very simular to mine but it had 98,000 miles on it though it had been deleted. It was out of Canada so corrosion was a concern. I made my decision largely because of the low millage and that I know the history of the truck.The power of the 6.7L stock/undeleted is amazing but deleted makes one feel like a kid again. I plan on keeping my truck for a long, long time and will likely have it deleted at some point, mostly for longevity; oh and the power.

My advice...do your research, get a carfax and service records if you can, decide what you're looking for and your budget before you shop, line up any financing before you shop, don't buy a third party extended warranty from a dealer and keep your emotions out of it.

Good luck and happy shopping.

4. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra Full Access Member

2015 F250 Lariat Extreme 4x4 crew cab short bed
    Tow package
    3.55 gears with electronic locking diff
    Automatic dual zone climate control
    Navigation, back up camera, etc
    Heated/ cooled front seats
    Memory seats, mirrors, pedals
    Message center
    Power rear window
    Sunroof
    And probably some other things I don't remember

Paid $52,000 out the door for it brand new. A local dealer was giving major discounts. I basically got a new truck for what most places wanted for a used one. I'll probably never get rid of it because I haven't seen another one optioned this well for this price.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

5. 02Oilburner

02Oilburner SDD Power Hungry

Mine is a 2011 F350 Lariat Long bed 4x4 FX4 6.7 I think it has every option you can get on that year truck.

Chrome Package
    Sunroof
    Premium sound/ Navigation
    Leather Heated/AC seats
    Power rear window
    Automatic dual zone climate control
    back up camera
    Memory seats, mirrors, pedals
    Step up tailgate
    Spray in bed liner
    Power adjust side mirrors
    Remote start
    Lots more I haven't listed

This truck was/is flawless inside and out and had 130k when I purchased from private owner for $30,000
    It has all service records and I believe I bought it in March 2016.

6. FiveOfastback

FiveOfastback SDD Junior Member

2016 350 Lariat crew cab dually long bed Ruby red 2 tone ultimate lariat navigation sun roof 3.73 heated cooled front seats
    5th wheel prep bought new in May 16 one of last of 16s built at least dually
    Great truck traded in a 13 250 cc sb same color and options. I had added 20”wheels 35” tires 3.5” ready lift TREX black billet grill bumper light bar. spray in liner tonneau cover and had carhart seat covers on it when I traded got 43500 trade had 30 k on it
    Needed dually for a new 40’ Montana camper. Out the door was 57500 on a 71 sticker.
    Deleting dually this coming week just waiting on parts to show up.
    Only gripe I really have is the empty fuel mileage 14.5 average. Towing big trailer is 9.7 to 11
    Smaller trailer with tractor 12.5-13 about 8k
    Montana is just over 15k.

7. frankdawson

frankdawson SDD Junior Member

Purchased a 2017, F350 CC FX4 160WB in October. Had 206 miles on the odo.

Lariat ultimate package
    5th Wheel prep
    Trailer tow package
    Chrome package
    Trailer technology package (360 cameras)
    Leveling kit
    Spray in Bedliner
    3.55 gears with 20 inch tires

Sticker was $73k. Paid $64k.

Happy shopping!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk