what do i do

fire245man

fire245man
Reaction score
until the last week or so i have been really happy with my 6.0. but then........
head gaskets at 83000 and in the shop now for a turbo at 83500. what is your experience with higher mileage 6.0's??? do i trade up for a new one or hope i dont have to put a pile of money into this one after the warranty runs out???? thanks in advance all you guys are great!

Fine69

Reaction score
Not to try to sway you one way or another but, once my warranty is up, bye bye truck! There's no chance in keeping my 6.0 after the warranty is up!

JRJ04

Reaction score
ive heard that once you get head gaskets done it is good to go. i would have them replace the head studs with aftermarket ones. you should be good to go after that.

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
You don't say what year the truck is...If I were you I would inquire about the extended warranty that Ford has been offering to 7.3/6.0/6.4 Diesel owners, which extends the warranty to 7 years/200,000 miles. The warranty I speak of has to be purchased within the 5 year/100,000 mile period of your original engine warranty, hence my question regarding the age of your truck. There are two warranties, one covers more than the other, and the more extensive warranty must be purchased within the first THREE years of the trucks IN SERVICE date. I see this as a great way to keep a truck you have been fairly happy with for several more years. I narrowly missed this offer by a mere month as my truck is a fairly early 2003 and really wish I had the opportunity to take advantage of more time under warranty. Hope this helps and maybe someone that has purchased this warranty can better explain the finer details of it.

Lindsey1953

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mines an 05 with 33,000 miles on it. The transmission was replaced at 27,700 miles. Then the turbo went at 29,200. Then I purchased the extended 7 year 75,000 warranty. Had about a week left on the original factory warranty and popped for $2070. Dealer in CT. Oh I almost forgot, the high pressure oil pump went at 2,700 miles.

It's not a high mileage vehicle but I suspect I'll have more problems before the warranty's up. I'll be adding about 30,000 miles over the next two or three years pulling a trailer. Then the trucks history, if there's a market for them.

They didn't offer the 200,000 mile warranty when I bought mine but for me the 7 years is gonna be here long before 200,000 miles.

If you buy the warranty shop around. I didn't know that dealers can charge whatever they want. My local dealer wanted over $3,000 for the same warranty. When I said no they lowered the price to $2,500.

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58