What do yall think about this oil?

ejpowerstroke97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil Delvac 15-40. I spoke with a hot shot driver Friday afternoon. He is driving an 97 F-350 reg. cab with a 8' flat bed and pilling a 40' dropdeck trailer. This is the part that makes me proud of owning a powerstroke. The truck has 650'000 miles and still running strong. never touched the engine. He reccomended the Mobil Delvac to me. He said his truck doesn't use as much oil as he used to and it doesn't smoke as much either. Now accordring to him he used to use Rotella and made the switch a long time ago. So, I am considering switching myself. He also said that the mechanic he uses said that he can tell when someone uses Delvac over Rotella when he tears the engine apart because the engine with Delvac is so much cleaner. Just wondering what yall think. Thanks for any input.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Just make sure that it is CI 4+ rated and you will be alright. That is the rating for Ford diesels.

Dave

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
My question to you would be, are you having issues with your current oil? Rough idle? Oil consumption? Bad oil analysis? etc etc..........

If not, dont switch, if so, maybe according to oil analysis see if the problem isnt oil related. Lots of problems get blamed on oil that truley arent oil related.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I have not yet done an analysis but I have always run the Rotella.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I use Delvac. I have run Delvac 1300 15-40 but switched to Delvac 1 which is synthetic. Rotella is also good oil and I would not hesitate to use it either.

DieselTech84

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I use delvac 1300 and like it. Just took the front cover off to fix the KDP on my dads 12 valve and at 245,000 miles everything still looked new inside.

Jon.

2002 Ford F250 PSD

bigfootpsd96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
they are both good oils and i have never heard anything bad about either of them. i just use delvac 1300 b/c that what my dad runs in his freightliner soo there is always enough in the garage and its a write off for the business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14