What do you think of this?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
BY adding a full 67 gals. of diesel, weighing approximately 7.15 lbs per gal. that's 479.05 lbs. now the tank weighs another 50lbs now were up to 529.05 lbs. that's quite a bit don't you think? do you think it's worth the expense?

The weight is not an issue. It is not an extra 529 lbs, but and extra 50 lbs. Hell, my wife's purse weighs that much. :lmao:lmao

As far as worth the expense, no I don't think it's worth it. What does the tank cost, when compared to the INCREASED fuel capacity of about approx 30 gallons? The replacement tank increases your fuel capacity by only about 30 gallons to a total of 67 gallons, not an increase of 67 gallons.

In general, I don't feel the cost/benefit of replacement tanks is worth it. Years ago when I was looking at this same issue, I decided to go with a 100 gallon in-bed tank. For less money I got 100 extra gallons instead of only 30. The tradeoff was I lost about 2' of bed length of my long box bed. But the cost/ benefit was much greater. :2c

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know Kent. I didn't even think of that till you mention it. It is only an increase of 30 gals and for sure it ain't worth the bucks...... WOW why didn't I think of that. Thanks Kent. You sure opened my eyes.;tu

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
The weight is not an issue. It is not an extra 529 lbs, but and extra 50 lbs. Hell, my wife's purse weighs that much. :lmao:lmao

As far as worth the expense, no I don't think it's worth it. What does the tank cost, when compared to the INCREASED fuel capacity of about approx 30 gallons? The replacement tank increases your fuel capacity by only about 30 gallons to a total of 67 gallons, not an increase of 67 gallons.

In general, I don't feel the cost/benefit of replacement tanks is worth it. Years ago when I was looking at this same issue, I decided to go with a 100 gallon in-bed tank. For less money I got 100 extra gallons instead of only 30. The tradeoff was I lost about 2' of bed length of my long box bed. But the cost/ benefit was much greater. :2c

you sound like my economics professor.... very nice :thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yup if your gonna add capacity go big
make it worth your while
my limiting factor now is BLADDER:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member