what effect will it have?

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
some friends of mine think I should put on a 4" exaust from the turbo back with a 5" tip, sounds really good but how will it effect my truck? I don't want to hurt my mileage, this will be the only thing I would change as far as what the truck came with stock. I would be removing the cat, but putting a muffler back on, I really don't want the truck to be loud inside the cab. I could also go with duals out the side behind the rear wheels. any help?

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
It'll help it in most cases, but you'll be too pedal happy listening to it roar that your foot'll be on it a lot in the beginning. I have the MBRP 4" Turbo-back Dual system that has the cat and muffler on it, doesn't sound any different on the inside until I put it down hard and/or have my windows down.

KingRancher

2004 F-250 King Ranch FX4
Reaction score
I got the Bank's 4" turbo back with 5" tip love the sound, OH I got the cat and muff runs great you will love the sound it gives off, not loud either. :burnit

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
ok so now I know it won't hurt my mileage, just sound better, one thing though, I have read on some systems you have to beat back the firewall to install the whole system, I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN, what systems do you guys recomend that leave my firewall intact?

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you only have to modify your firewall to install a 4" downpipe. I believe a 3.5" dp will fit without modification. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
my banks exhaust required no mods at the firewall and it is 4" at the down pipe if my memory serves me correct. loose the CAT, sounds and flows better without the kitty.:thumbs

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
woofer700 said:
ok so now I know it won't hurt my mileage, just sound better, one thing though, I have read on some systems you have to beat back the firewall to install the whole system, I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN, what systems do you guys recomend that leave my firewall intact?
I hear a 4" downpipe will fit without beating the firewall, but it's a tough squeeze. I have a 3.5" downpipe. I recommend MBRP for anything, they did me good.

woofer700 said:
do I need to keep the cat, or not?
Depends on your state, some care, some don't. Unfortunately mine does, I'm in NC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58