What improvements have you made?

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added tinting to all the windows except the front window. This should reduce heat in cab during hot summer days, plus reducing chance of sunburn, and or skin cancer on those long trips. What other improvements have you made besides the chip, exhaust, and intake? I plan on having the bed sprayed next, and looking for other improvements that could be made. After 100,000 miles I plan on the chip, and exhaust. I think the intake system on my truck is very good as it is. My truck is still getting 18+ mpg, but I have not pulled anything with it yet, and just passed 2600 miles on odometer.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
maxtor- you still haven't pulled anything yet.:rolleyes:
i can't blame you, you wouldn't want to ruin the high of getting such high milage...:D

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPG high ??

When my truck gets 50 mpg, then I will cheer. So that will never happen. I hear that some of the Dodges are getting 20+ and I have a brother that has a 7.3 that gets 19+, so 18+ is no big deal. It is better than my Explorer. I purchased the truck to pull, so when the time comes, I know it will do the job, so what ever the mpg, I will enjoy the experience. I have a 300ZX turbo that gets great mpg, but it will not pull a 5th wheel very well. lol....
Have a great day

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I'm jealous... I just got 16.3 mpg out of mine for the first time in months... and I have 7500 on the clock! And I have pulled a little with it.

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
Kleetus it will get better as your engine breaks in, or atleast it should. Keep your tire preasure correct, do your oil and air filters when you should and only drive down hill.:roflmao

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put 5% tint over the factory 20% (or is it 35%) on the rear doors and
black glass & then put 20% on the front doors...

ive done sound system improvments
4" mbrp turbo back/cat delete
sound deadening material on all the doors, rear wall & ROOF (still wanna do the floor, but its hot now & it takes TWO to get the seats out)
switches (reverse lights, hi-idle, dc/ac invertor, valentine1, aux driving lights)
IR headset/laptop movie set up
led's along the factory NURF bars

and the list goes on...see my links/galleries for photos

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I mounted two bright lights on the backend with a dash-mounted switch. With my tinted windows and long bed it makes seeing behind me while backing up at night a lot easier.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
i put 5% tint over the factory 20% (or is it 35%) on the rear doors and
black glass & then put 20% on the front doors...

ive done sound system improvments
4" mbrp turbo back/cat delete
sound deadening material on all the doors, rear wall & ROOF (still wanna do the floor, but its hot now & it takes TWO to get the seats out)
switches (reverse lights, hi-idle, dc/ac invertor, valentine1, aux driving lights)
IR headset/laptop movie set up
led's along the factory NURF bars

and the list goes on...see my links/galleries for photos

could you elaborate about the sound deadening material you used on the back walls, i looked at some stuff for marine engine boxes with lead in it, but its awfully heavy, thanks

oh the good stuff
we did the mbrp with the kitty still at the vets office, inverter, smart back up lights, sat radio, high idle and battery charge protection, aux BRIGHT driving lights, yadda yadda yadda

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Idea..

TXatty
That is a great idea about installing back up lights with the tinted windows. That will have to be my next project.
Kleetus, we have about the same truck, except you have an automatic and F250. I keep my tires air at 70 lbs.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I have about 60 +/-1 in the tires... and I was curious how much of a difference the manual would make. I guess I should have stuck to my gut and got that. Although after driving one with the 6 speed, I wasn't that impressed with it, that low first and then normal first, don't line up right. My buddy has a heck of a time with it in his wrecker... even with 4.10s. We'll see what the summer fuel brings, and lack of kitty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14