What injectors should i get?

IH97stroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anybody could give me some pointers on which way, and what company to go with when buying injectors for my 97 powerstroke??! also how can you tell what to get? like AD'S, or split shots, or whatever else they have. like my truck was manufactered 12/97, so how do i know what code injectors i have and what would run in my truck? I've done a whole ton of research on injectors, yet i find myself stuck on what i should get.and still havent figured out how to tell what code/ or type will work. Ive helped install a set of 70hp remans from some place called pennsicola diesel on a 01 stroker. all im saying im not getting those, 2 were bad, and the truck was left down for a few days. they made the power, just wasnt pleased with what happened. im sure the guys there are really nice and all, cause they seemed to be, its just a bad coincidence im sure, but i still dont want them. anyways, i have a 97 f-250 4x4, that i do a decent amount of towing, long hauls to go snowmobiling, and drive it everyday to work as of right now. i plan on doing a few truck pulls this summer, along with some occasional drag racing. I would like to keep the milage i have, which isnt the greatest, but its cause of my fuel problems, leaks and injectors.
I have these mods done at this time ats t/c and input shaft and built up tranny. edge evolution for now, will be getting a T-wildman chip here shortly, ats gauges, custom air intake, 3in downpipe, to 4 inch exhaust. will be doing many extensive mods soon, but my injectors are bad now, (along with my fuel system, any pointers on high performance aftermarket fuel system would be great too!) so i need to get the injectors done now. I'm looking for 100hp or a little more, nothing less. pricewise i really dont care, cause in the same aspect you tend to get what you pay for. as of right now, i've been looking at DPP injectors, i really like what they have to offer, or beans, or swamps. also there are industrial injection possibly, wide open performance has em too ive been looking at. eventually i'll be doing the custom bd530's, just not at this moment. im just at a stand still on what to get for my needs right now! any of you guys out there have some injectors in your truck that you just absolutly love, and would care to share some of your knowledge with me or anybody else???:dunno please help!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Rosewood Diesel Shop is who I am planning on going with. Since your truck is a 97 it could have AB Split Shots or AA/AO Single shot. I can't seem to recall how to tell but I bet a quick call to Jim at Rosewood would answer it for you. He sells kits for a DIY job or he will rebuild them for you.

Chopper Boy

sdd Junior Member
Reaction score
I went with dpp injector (stage 2 large nos.)& dp tuner & holy cow, they are awsome to work with! I went from split to single shot love it!!!

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a big round thing (its a damper for fuel pressure) on top off your fuel pump then you have split shots.if not then you have singles.that will get you something to look for,also their maybe a sticker on a VC cover saying what you have.i think the split shoot truck have that.none of mine do
the wifes truck was made 12/97 with AA codes.
we both run beans injectors she has stage1's and i have stage3's nonhybrids A-codes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg