what intake is best for the buck?

sloaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
have an 07 f-350 c/c longbed with leveling kit fender flairs rims and tires. i tow a 30' wilderness camp trailer and haul 2 4x4 quads on bed rack. want to know more about edeg juice with attitude. what intake is best for the buck.and is 4" cat back exhaust goodenouf to keep the egt down?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Moved your question to the 6.0L Power/upgrade forum for better exposure:sweet

Welcome to the community West Jordan :wc2

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
well most are going to tell you that the stock system is more than adequate. i got mine b4 i looked at the stock system i still wouldnt have believed it would flow enough air when i did take it out but neways...i have a afe stage 1 system decent for the money. i think that most also would say steer clear of k&n on this vehicle...

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Before you buy an EDGE, you need to look at getting an SCT tuner with some custom tunes.

Its about the best tuner for the 6.0.

I like my Banks Air Intake, its a good system.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any filter that flows more air is GONNA flow more dirt & anything
OTHER than than the stock filter is gonna require MORE maint.
(cleaning re-oiling or replacement) well before the stock filter will
need it.

expect to service MOST aftermarket filters a minimum of 2 to 3 times
compared to the factory filter.

the factory filter has been tested and rated to flow air enough to
support more than 500hp.

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
Im with Bama on the programmer man. I would def think about checking out the SCT before thinking about buying an edge. I heard the SCT is alot easier on the tranny also, and if you search through the sites mostly everyone is running the sct over any other tuner out there expecally the guys that are really wanting to make big hp on comp diesel sites. The filter on the other hand, im with bushpilot as he stated the oem filter is good for 500hp. The only thing that would make me want to change it to something else is because it is a sun of a b to replace. Hope this helps you out and good luck with your decision!! ;tu

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Welcome To SDD.com

That's crazy I used to live in W Jordan, off of 7800 S and Bangerter.

Like what Bama and Bush said, the SCT is the best programmer to go with (I'll be switching to one soon I hope) and the stock intake and filter is good for up to 500 RWHP, I wouldn't change it.

I actually tried an Airraid intake on my truck, but went back to stock after a couple of weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14