what is ford replacing the excursion with?

RedBadge6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
what is ford replaceing the x with or are they? because i have also heard they are going to make the excursion again, my uncle is the head mechanic of the ford dealership here and he had to go ford mechanic classes for work, and he was told they were going to continue making the ex, has anybody heard this too?

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Far as I know the Ex is done. They are replacing it with the Ford Everest which is basically a slightly stretched Expedition. Longer wheelbase and body. Will initially be running with the Triton V8. They claim 9,500# towing capacity. I have not heard how beefy the frame, suspension and brakes are though. Can't be anywhere near the X though. I can guarantee it won't pull my trailer :roflmao
I will be holding on to mine for a long, long time though. There's nothing like them out there anymore! :hail

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theyll have to answer 'specially now that the new LONGER suburban has been touted to the press....

Finn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Based on latest Petersen's 4wheel&off-road - June 06
Expedition will have 2007 extended version EL ( Ford ) and L ( Lincoln ) comining to stores this summer and Ford this fall.
That should be pretty much the same size as X

Ofcourse - unfortunately it will not be for European markets.

Jukka

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg