What is fuel costing you?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove the gasser into town this morning and found a Krogers gas station that had diesel for 3.79! I burned the tires to get back to the house and fire up the truck to fill it up!

I work out of state alot so I think I'm going to get an Aux tank to fill up when I find fuel low. Its a tax write off for me too but it still hurts bad at $4.09!

I say... SCREW THE CARIBOU! DRILL FOR OIL!!

I bought that $449 91 gallon RDS aux tank and install kit at Northern Tool. Saves me about $50 or so per trip and has already paid for itself in a few weeks. Love it.

WVsmoke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The only bad thing with that tank is I have a fifth wheel camper on a super slide hitch, so I have to watch the turning radius of the hitch. Does anyone make a factory replacement tank?

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, this is #$%^@, no excuse for any gasoline or diesel fuel to be so expensive. The american people need to share thier anger with the politicians, by keeping the pressure on them. Ty not to drive unless necessary (work/store/school/important appointments) let the oil stock pile then no excuses for supply and demand. Maybe this will send a message.

Last edited:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, this is #$%^@, no excuse for any gasoline or diesel fuel to be so expensive. The american people need to share thier anger with the politicians, by keeping the pressure on them. Ty not to drive unless necessary (work/store/school/important appointments) let the oil stock pile then no excuses for supply and demand. Maybe this will send a message.

hillary said shes gonna solve the problem when she gets elected...
i dont know why she'd wait...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Let's keep the politics and language OUT of this thread.

I understand folks are upset about the price of a gallon of fuel but THIS thread isnt going to fix our problems. Keep it on an even keel or the thread will be removed.

Thanks.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW that's big price for just about 20 - 25 gallons more. I think I go with a small AUX tank in the bed. Thanks tonkadoctor!

'specially when you consider you can put a NARROW tank in
the bed for 400 bucks, gain 39 gallons and only give
up 9inches of bed depth

i like to figure based on the price per additional (over stock)
gallon...

Tractor Supply Company - 42 gal MAX Capacity Vertical White Steel Liquid Transfer Tank

37-Gallon Liquid Storage Tank — White | Fuel Transfer + Storage Tanks | Northern Tool + Equipment

Last edited:

WVsmoke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
'specially when you consider you can put a NARROW tank in
the bed for 400 bucks, gain 39 gallons and only give
up 9inches of bed depth

i like to figure based on the price per additional (over stock)
gallon...

Yea your exactly right. I'm going to route my work schedule this week so I can hit a Northern Tool store in Richmond, VA... save on shipping!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58