Question what is the EGR delete for the 6.0L?

rgjcc1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you guys that are more experienced than myself at this? what is the EGR delete for my engine that others are telling me to do,my truck only has 55,700 miles on it and i have only had some slight turbo issues(the turbo was getting stuck)? what else should I be expecting or show I go out and grab a 6.4L superduty instead? thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
One thing that diesels DO NOT like is to sit. They are not grocery getters and then home. They like to be driven and driven hard. Babying your diesel engine is not a good idea. The saying "Drive it like you stole it" is so true. The EGR comes into this as it can give you some of the same problems, so an EGR Delete kit is offered by several manufactures. This removes the EGR valve (which re-directs exhaust back into the intake to meet EPA Smog regulations) and keeps your intake passages and turbo cleaner. I have my EGR valve and it has never given me any problems. I have taken it out and cleaned it with a small brush and Carb Cleaner. Put it back in and the trucks runs like new. In California we can not remove the ERG or we will not pass smog inspection every two years. This is necessary for your truck license, so we are stuck. I do not know the smog laws in NC, but they have to be a lot less restrictive than here. I have never heard of an inspection in NC, so it is up to you whether or not to remove it or not.

Dave - I hope this is clearer than my reread

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
It eliminates the EGR valve and the troublesome EGR cooler. If your engine is still under the 5yr/ 100k warranty, don't do it for now. You would also need to use a tuner with a delete, programmed to turn the EGR function off and eliminate the CEL. Nothing really that bad about the 6.0 when you fix the common issues, the 6.4 isn't trouble free either :sweet

rgjcc1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks DaveBen,

do you recommend any websites to get the tuner with the delete program?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Google "EGR Delete kit 6.0" and you will see several makers. I don't have a favorite because I don't use it. Someone will chime in and make a recommendation.

Dave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58