what is this?

tr30

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I recently found a fuel leak on the drivers side of the fpr. It sticks out from the fpr toward the fender. it is leaking underneath it slowly. my truck has a stutter from about 1300 to 2300 under half to full throttle. I would like to fix it but I want to find out what it is. I have a picture of it and will try to include it in this post.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the filter restriction sensor...Most just put a 1/8 pipe plug instead. Whatever you do ' plug or new sensor, don't tighten it too tight...(tapered thread)...Broken housing....bad

plowhand

Playing in the dirt
Reaction score
It looks like the vacuum switch (Fuel Filter Restricted sensor; on filter housing 94/95; on regulator block 96/97 (Ford) E8TZ-9S283-A) that screws into the FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator). With the picture so close it's hard to tell exactly where it's located at.

tr30

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I can just plug it with the pipe plug and it wont throw any codes or leak?

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
mine is plugged with teflon tape, no too tightened (could brake the regulator) and no more leaks, no troubles, I dont know about the codes. :D

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Mine leaked last year and I replaced it. Good thing. Since I'm running WVO these days the filter restriction light does go on when my veggie filter is clogged although I have a vacuum gauge on it under the truck. I think plugging it up it not a wise move, even running solely on #2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg