What is your top speed

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85 in the SD
150+ on speedo on the ninja (Norma said 170 on speedo behind Gore)
Don't know how fast at Petty Experience/Darlington....was hiding my eyes and couldn't wait to get out after Turn 4.:hail

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran the numbers through a calc that uses od ratio, rear end ratio and tire size then spits a number out. 3500 rpms= 132.6 and 4000 rpms= 151.6 mph ive been to approx 3600 rpms or so. truck actually felt pretty stable up that fast, i was suprised. btw i have 3.55 gears with 265/75 tires so it is very long legged lol

also i went 165 in a twin turbo vr4 mitsubishi 3000gt

Last edited:

deadrock69

Robert
Reaction score
:burnit 185 on my yamaha v-max ,in a old camro i had the state trooper helicopter that had to have a care ahead flag me down told us we where doing 201. i lost my driver licence for that one but it was when i was only 17. i have had the X up to 100 with no prob. and still had a lot left in it but ran out of room.:burnit

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Back in '88 I pegged 145 mph in an '85 BMW 735i going south on US1 from Homestead to Key Largo, Florida.

These days (now that I'm older and wiser :D ) I rarely drive my PSD over the speed limit...BUT I've done 85 mph on I-10 in Arizona between Phoenix and Tucson prior to my chip install. I thought that my truck has a speed limiter... :dunno ...but heard that a chip will negate it.

Here are my thoughts on speed. Guys in their 20's to 40's crave speed. In boating they get Donzis and Cigarette type racing boats but when they reach middle age they sell them and get sailing boats. In autos it's the same. Young guys crave speed and horsepower but as they age they sell the hot rods and get diesels. Power over speed. OK... call me middle aged! :D

Last edited:

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little over 120 in my 70 Chevelle SS (got scared).

Talk about boats, I came out of a flat bottom at about 50 or so. Long story as to why. Guys on the beach said I looked like a ragdoll skipping across the water. Actually I think I got 2 good skips then the ragdoll... Nothing like a power enima...:eek:

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IN this truck, 85. IN my 86 Honda Civic, 124 for two hours solid. It made 55 seem like crawling. That was between SanDiego and Phoenix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14