What kind should I ask for and were do I go?

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I was in for a service, tech. told me I needed a brake job. I have 89,903 miles on my 02. superduty 7.3 I know this is a lot of miles for original brakes, but I have not heard any sounds coming from the wheels but how do I know I need the brakes. What kind of brakes do the 250 super dutys come with? Should I have original equipment put back on the truck and where is best place to have it done for the most reasonable cost. Trisha in La. and still thanking all the great people here for all the advice that saved my sanity. Regards, Trisha

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
trisha 89 is not that many for these trucks my 99 had 126*** when the caliper stuck and ate the pads on the rear I just changed the fronts at 220*** my ex had 135 when a caliper stuck on it.you never know there might be someone on here willing to take a look at it for you, I know I would if I were closer. what part of la. you in?

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trisha, I have to agree with jestersv, you never know when the shoe " ha ha" will drop. I have had pads stick rotors heat up and warp. I have stuck dealership equipment back on her, but just because thats what was availible at the time. I'm always looking to upgrade. Just depends on your budget and your ideas.

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have someone do it?That you know, at least look at it.Pads can range at advance auto from 20 to 60 bucks for front pads. Then it dependson how the rotors are. On my excursion i just replaced the pads and left the rotors alone. The rotors for front are about 70 at advance auto. 200 in parts and an hours labor. If you were closer to me I would do it for you quickly.
their has to be someone on here that can swap pads for you. Just pick a set up at a parts store. Its always best with new rotors, but if its not pulling pulsating or anything at all. I would bet just stick in pads. thats what i would do. If i took the wheel off to look, i would just stick the pads in.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i also would say you should just need pads if anything. ive replaced the pads once on my 2000 and it has almost 200k on it and i have 125k on my 2005 and havent touched em yet i thank that to the 6spd tranny and exhaust brake but unless u do alot of hard braking or with a lot of weight should be fine to just do pads and they are simple just get the caliper to the non clamping position (once you take it off the rotor and pop the old ones out and new ones in the reassemble

ford7379trucks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
when they start to make noise or they do not stop as well.
best way is to ask a friend that knows. the person selling rhe brakes will always tell you they need to be replaced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg