What Mods?

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I know I'm lazy, but I just want a straight answer.
What Mods have to be done to use Biodiesel? And what effects does it have on the trucks performance?
I started reading through the many links posted above but none of them start right out with the info I'm looking for.
Thanks.
Jamie

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
if you are planning on true bio, such as B20 or B50, you do not need to do anything to the truck in your sig. Bio has a detergent effect that will clean your tank, lines and injectors and possibly clog your filter for the first few tanks but there is no modification necessary. Have a few filters on hand and drive on. From higher lubricity it is rumored to make the truck run smoother and more quietly. I have yet to run any but plan to this spring.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I recommend a good pre-pump filter! My Dahl element is 12 bucks(ordered) as opposed to 18 bucks(ordered, +30 locally) for the stock Racor. The 2 micron Dahl I run will stop most of the crap from getting to my stock filter.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Like Antonio said,gotta get the Dahl 100 to catch any impurities before they hit the pump and stock filter.

Otherwise you're good to go with a 7.3L:sweet

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I've been running my own self brew for about a year now. No noticeable loss in performance. 15.4 in the 1/4 mi with #2 and with 100% homebrew. 298.5hp on #2 and 297.8 hp on bio. OK so there is .7hp loss. I have a pre-pump filter and after the first and second 1500 miles of running bio I changed the stock filter. Now I change it when I change the oil (4000 mi). I wouldn't be concerned at all running commercially produced bio diesel. I am very picky when brewing my own.

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14