What next?

OneFastFord

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok after all the mods in my signature i am wondering whats next? I would like some more power :sly on a few conditions...one of them is i dont want to be louder at idle anyway. I already wake both my young daughters up every morning when i start my truck. I have heard injectors will make me louder? I also was thinking of doing a IC and turbo upgrade. What is a turbo/IC worth HP wise about? Also which one? I know CSIPSD has nothing but kind words for the Garret...I am looking for something that would pair up good with my DP chip. Would it need to be reprogrammed with a new turbo? Ok fellas...so what do i do?

How you doing Joe? I still need to get up there and do the fuel pump mod on my truck :)

Erik

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
I would definitely do the Fuel system I got mine from ITP. They have improved it since I did mine and they are good folks. It made mine a good bit quieter. The HX crossover mod also made mine alittle quieter. As far as HP, I would look at Injectors. I'm looking at Bean's Stage II's.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple things to do to make 7.3 Quieter.. Fer Cheap

1. Bump the fuel pressure up to 65/70 psi by doing the Fuel Pressure Regulator MOD. See the DYI Forum.

2. Do the HX MOD. It's an add-on HP oil line that crosses over between the heads that equalizes the oil pressure that pops yer injectors. Available from SDD vendors.

3. Add 16oz's of 2 cycle oil to every 25 gallons of ULSC #2 diesel. Puts the lubrication back in yer fuel. Available at Wally World for about $1.50 a jug.

4. Remove and replace the QD fitting on the in-let side of yer fuel pump with a 16" (cut to fit) piece of diesel fuel friendly fuel line w/ 2 band clamps. Eliminates air being sucked into yer fuel system from the QD fitting that is supposed to be under pressure... not suction.

ALL the above is under a 100 bucks.

:dunno Just my .03

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple things to do to make 7.3 Quieter.. Fer Cheap

1. Bump the fuel pressure up to 65/70 psi by doing the Fuel Pressure Regulator MOD. See the DYI Forum.

2. Do the HX MOD. It's an add-on HP oil line that crosses over between the heads that equalizes the oil pressure that pops yer injectors. Available from SDD vendors.

3. Add 16oz's of 2 cycle oil to every 25 gallons of ULSC #2 diesel. Puts the lubrication back in yer fuel. Available at Wally World for about $1.50 a jug.

4. Remove and replace the QD fitting on the in-let side of yer fuel pump with a 16" (cut to fit) piece of diesel fuel friendly fuel line w/ 2 band clamps. Eliminates air being sucked into yer fuel system from the QD fitting that is supposed to be under pressure... not suction.

ALL the above is under a 100 bucks.

:dunno Just my .03

What he said...

If you have more questions, the "Search" function at the top of the page is pretty useful for this site (unlike the search function on other sites that might rhyme with "The Beezel Top") ;)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've never heard of the QD fitting mod, is that new?

No, it's not new. It just seems to have gone by the way side. It's an under 10dollar mod/fix, maybe thats why ;) :).

When I do a FPR mod for folks, I've incorperated it into it.

More often than not, when you grab hold of that QD, it'll move up/down, side to side and back'n forth. VERY questionable fitting, IMO.

Also more often than not.. When you get done with the FPR/QD Mod.. and fire the engine up.. You can stand back and in about 3-5 minutes yul hear the engine git quieter, idle smoother. More PEP too.

It's a :D thing.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come over to the house sometime and I will get you set up... A IC will not gain you any HP, a turbo will. Check out Diesel for the Turbonetics turbos.

What are you looking to spend? What kind of HP are you wanting?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg