what parts do you carry with you?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumms sat phone might be company issue, he drives up into the North Slope on a regular haul. Not many phone booths out along that trail.

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Verrry Verrrry important... I was stranded with a bad CPS and only got out that I was broke down... Then it died... I did have a 115volt charger, but nothing to plug into.
Lucky me, I walked down the road and found a subdivision lighted sign that had an outlet to plug it into. Now talk about luck!!!

RoReRi

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
Hey Crumm, Whose Satellite Phone? Which brand?

It is a Iridium 9500.

95_stroker said:
Crumms sat phone might be company issue, he drives up into the North Slope on a regular haul. Not many phone booths out along that trail.

Yep company issue. I only use it for break-downs and emergency's. They are suppose to be the greatest thing but they don't always work. Last week we had a truck wreck on the pass and I tried for a half an hour to make a call but every time I would get connected it would hang up. I was on top of a mountain so the thing should have worked-mad Cell coverage up North ends 26 miles North of here and comes back in about 20 miles from the Arctic ocean. Seems to be a 463 mile hole in the cell coverage in between. Sat phone is better than nothing but not by much. I have probably only made 4 calls in the last year and I have no idea what it costs.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Thank You Crumm, that is the information I was looking for. The Iridium 9500 seems to be "THE" phone.

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I think the 9500 is out of production. You might still be able to get them in refurbished condition. I think they have went to a little smaller unit. The 9500 is huge.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I think I read that the 9505 was the smaller unit? I don't know squat about satellite phones.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14