What psi do ya'll run in the tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Side wall says 50 psi cold. So with the outside temp being in the 90's.....???

Load index for the tires is 3197lbs. If that is per tire then thats a total of 12,788lbs spread out across all the tires...if that is a correct method. I can understand possibly being underated when pulling my 5th wheel. [I just dont know how much more weight is being put down on my bed.] I've only pulled it once....75mph for 4hrs.

Any suggestions on 10ply A/T's?

[thats where a CAT Scale comes in] Truck alone: Front & Rear Axel Weight. Truck & 5r: Front/Rear Axel weight of the truck (dif on the rear, as compared, being.. the Pin weight) plus... the Axel weight on the 5r.. for a total GVW of the whole works ?

Good info to have & know, for tire pressures all 'round.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean like just get the bottle of powder, poor it on top of the tire, and rub it in?

Nope.. spread a little of the chalk on a smooth surface.. drive the truck thru it, note the chalk marks on Each tire when it's visable.. repete that while increasing or decreasing psi 'til you get about a 1/2" of CLEAN tire, on the outside edges of Each tire.

Note the PSI then with a good gauge. Time consuming, but worth the effort.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[thats where a CAT Scale comes in] Truck alone: Front & Rear Axel Weight. Truck & 5r: Front/Rear Axel weight of the truck (dif on the rear, as compared, being.. the Pin weight) plus... the Axel weight on the 5r.. for a total GVW of the whole works ?

Good info to have & know, for tire pressures all 'round.

Yea...I just dob't have access to a CAT scale. Sometimes I see the big rig scales at SOME truck stops, but I dont even remember the last time I've seen a truck stop with one.

dpantazis

Reaction score
chalk is chalk. i would not use powdered chalk i think. i would rather mark the tires and then drive.

bue railroad chalk in landscape supply? blackboard chalk? drug store/toy store in the kids section look for sidewalk chalk.

knock over a kid using sidewalk chalk?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys!!! '

I know I already asked this, but gonna ask again in case it was overlooked: Any suggestions on a 10ply A/T tire?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chalk is chalk. i would not use powdered chalk i think. i would rather mark the tires and then drive.

bue railroad chalk in landscape supply? blackboard chalk? drug store/toy store in the kids section look for sidewalk chalk.

knock over a kid using sidewalk chalk?

;) I use the snap line chalk cuz I have it in the shop.. Chalk Is Chalk.

I ben Eyeball'n the nieghbor kid's Big Fat sidewalk chalk tho......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14