what size dop hitch?

03phil

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New to this site and was needing a little help! what length drop hitch do I need? I just had a 6" lift and 37" tires installed Thanks:burnit

KingRancher

2004 F-250 King Ranch FX4
Reaction score
A very large one :D not sure I got a king ranch 4x4 no lift just slightly larger than stock tires and I have a 1 to 2 inch (I think) drop on my hitch. So i would guess 6 to 8 inches Im not sure about the lifted trucks though so I'm going to shut up now, I need a spoon for my corn yeah a spoon for my corn, spoons are good for corn. :roflmao

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Welp, I have a stock suspension truck, and I use a 6" drop to haul my Bison horse trailer...

so, I'm guessin' you're gonna need a custom fab job to haul the 4-wheelers to the playgrounds....

Johnswiftm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You need to measure from the ground to the top of the reciever opening and then add 3 inches. Once you have that then subtract 19 inches and that should get you really close to the drop you need.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You can do as Johnswiftm says or you can measure the height of your trailer tongue and subtract that from the receiver hitch height.

Dave

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on the trailer ! and ever trailer will be different.
dont buy a hitch/drop/ball unless you need it or know what
your gonna pull w/ it...

Ive got a car/util. trailer that requires almost 9" of
drop (its a REALLY LOW trailer)...

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
the best way is a combinatioon of the above, but we/you need more info. You need to know the tongue height of the trailer when loaded, and the tongue weight of the trailer. Once you have the tongue weight, add that amount in weights, bricks, peopel, whatever (right at the edge of the bed, not on the tailgate) to the back of your truck and see how much it squats. then take the measurements as described above. And yes, every trailer will be different. I'd add one inch just to cover any additional stuff you might throw in the truck. I have 3 different hitches for 3 different trailers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58