rant What the ! # 2

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is down AGAIN I can't believe it . 2 weeks ago they replaced what I think was called the front center turbo. Drove it about about 4 days and it started making a new noise and I had a loss of power ,black smoke cloud everytime it made this noise. I even thought the tranny was going cause it was reeving so high and not wanting to shift. I went to the dealer last Tuesday on Friday I called they said some sensor was replaced they would take it for one more test drive and would call me back. 1 1/2 hrs later the service mgr called to say he took it out and it drove fine but on his return trip he had the problem I had. He said it was under boost the noise I heard was the exhaust being forced back thru the air Intake. He said he has only seen this problem twice before. I believe he said they would replace the Turbo housing assembly its still at the dealer as I write this. This last incident has pushed me over the line I went and ordered a new Ford F 350 Lariate with the 6.2 gas I can't say how much I love my Harley but I can't count on it anymore. When in about 18,000 mi I have to pay for this annoying stuff I don't know the answer to what choice do I have.. I will most certainly miss this forum when I switch over to the other fuel you diesel guys are the best......................

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear our experiences with the Ford Diesel. I wish you better luck in the future.

Dave

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems, Lord knows I've had my share, but with every problem we face, our experiences help the others yet to deal with them.

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck back !

Got my truck back today I guess they replaced the same part they fixed 2 weeks ago. Turbo assembly they say the parts are defective Ford knows it but all they can do is put the replacement part back in . I guess maybe every part isn't defective and they can only hope I got a better one. I am happy the dealer detailed my truck somewhat and threw in a free oil change. Thats Harrision Ford Wellington OH dealerships usually won't do stuff like that anymore. My new truck order has been in 1 week.... Harley I'll miss you you sure are "PRURITY"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58