What to buy?

WeaponBoyz

Hyper Stroke
Reaction score
I've just bought a new F-350 with the 6.0 now i'm faced with the challange of buying the right toys for it :thumbs So i'm asking for ideas on performace chips, air intakes and some ideas for a pre-runner/bull bar/ grille guard. I prevously had an 03 duramax and had a Manix push bar with guards and was running an edge attitude with a K&N open air kit, but yes i have switched to a Ford and i want to make it the best it can be. Please give me some suggestions. Thanks for your time and info.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! This is a great place to hang and gather information about our trucks.

I have a 7.3, so I will let the 6.d'oh guys give you more specific performance info. Most will say to stay away from K&N air filters due to poor filtration. A good free flowing 4" exhaust, along with a good intake like AFE. There are a number of tuners out there. DP-Tuner is popular for the 7.3's. They make them for the 6.0 also.

edit: Give us some more info about your truck, i.e. auto or manual, 4x4 or 4x2.

fgtex

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WeaponBoyz said:
I've just bought a new F-350 with the 6.0 now i'm faced with the challange of buying the right toys for it :thumbs So i'm asking for ideas on performace chips, air intakes and some ideas for a pre-runner/bull bar/ grille guard. I prevously had an 03 duramax and had a Manix push bar with guards and was running an edge attitude with a K&N open air kit, but yes i have switched to a Ford and i want to make it the best it can be. Please give me some suggestions. Thanks for your time and info.

Congrats on the new ride. For answers to those questions, look around here on the forums--most of those have already been asked quite a few times. Besides, in the process of reading over the postings, you may decide that there's a LOT more stuff you "need" to do to the truck that you had originally planned...;)

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as a tuner, SCT gets most votes hands down, best control over the tranny, best tunes, best code reading, live data streaming...

Intake, AFE, they just came out with a stage 3 kit that is very nice, but the stock system on the 6.0 is a very good system to begin with!

Exhaust, MBRP cool Duals!!! (Only because thats what I have!!! LOL)

Gauges... Isspro!!! But I have both autometer and Isspro...

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
Totally agree with the above. The SCT is a great tuner and a custom like I run from Innovative Diesel is one of the best. I too just switched to the Cool Duals from MBRP, only for looks. The stereo rummble from out back is sweet. I try to only sell MBRP because of fit, finish, and cost value. We carry many brands, but the MBRP has been a very big success for us. There are many options for the 6.0L. Another nice item you could check out is the Quadzilla Commander digital monitoring system. It works as a stand alone gauge....very nice. Isspro or Dipricol gauges have stood the test of time. They are very good manufacturers, and have been used in heavy duty vehicle applications for many years.
Since you have owned both, Chevy and now Ford, what are your thoughts? I know the Chevy rides better because of the front suspension, but does the ford feel more like a truck, but yet not too harsh? That is what I hear alot from customers. Its not the best ride, but feels more capable. I have a 05 F350 and I think it rides great for a 7800 lb truck. I also think the interior in the ford is nicer. I know it is easier to get alot of hp out of the Dmax, but I wouldnt trade my ford for anything. What made you switch?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg