What to do with an old work coat??

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I have a Carhart jacket with the logo of my former employer on it. What does one do with a company coat when wearing it would give the arseholes free advertising? Do you burn it? Shred it? Bury it? Turn it into shop rags?

Nope, I decided to wear it, with a slight modification. :D:D

View attachment 9756

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice modification! I was going to vote for burning it because thats what I did with my Johnny Damon shirt when he left the Red Sox for the Yankees. Of course it was a lot less expensive than a nice Carhartt jacket.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I have a Carhart jacket with the logo of my former employer on it. What does one do with a company coat when wearing it would give the arseholes free advertising? Do you burn it? Shred it? Bury it? Turn it into shop rags?

Nope, I decided to wear it, with a slight modification. :D:D

View attachment 9756

I never would have thought of that...
I would have more like make a shotgun patterning board out of it..

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should put at the bottem I'll never work there again and you should not buy there! But I like were your going with it....:stir

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be a Grinch TG, but with the National Pass Time being frivolous Legal Actions and Law Suits ? I'd be a bit concerned while wearing it.. 'round town ?

Out here in Caly anyway.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Not to be a Grinch TG, but with the National Pass Time being frivolous Legal Actions and Law Suits ? I'd be a bit concerned while wearing it.. 'round town ?

Out here in Caly anyway.

I don't have anything to be sued over. I legally obtained the coat on a cost sharing basis with my then employer, so I did pay for it myself. I was employed with the company. And as my "modification" indicates, I was with the company for 3 years. The intent of "I survived" is open to interpretation by the reader. :innocent:innocent

So since I legally obtained the coat, the "modification" is depicting a truthful fact that I am a former employee and I am not slandering the company in any clear & obvious manner, I don't have anything to worry about.:sly:sly

If they want it back, they can offer to buy it, it might be for sale. But since I have become sentimentally attached to it, it'll cost them at least $1,000 to get it back.:tounge:tounge

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything to be sued over. I legally obtained the coat on a cost sharing basis with my then employer, so I did pay for it myself. I was employed with the company. And as my "modification" indicates, I was with the company for 3 years. The intent of "I survived" is open to interpretation by the reader. :innocent:innocent

So since I legally obtained the coat, the "modification" is depicting a truthful fact that I am a former employee and I am not slandering the company in any clear & obvious manner, I don't have anything to worry about.:sly:sly

Roger That TG ;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg