What to see in Dallas?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
hey guys,

i will be heading up to Dallas this weekend and was looking for some advice on places to go while im there. i saw they have a huge aquarium and thinking about hittin that up. ill also be gettin my remote start/security system installed in Garland Texas as well for $100.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go see Cowboys Stadium!! I haven't been to it yet but dang it is huge driving by it on the interstate.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
not in Dallas, but the Water Garden in Ft Worth is pretty cool..
was a movie set, too...

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clint, you can always go to Southfork Ranch, the setting for the TV show "Dallas". The aquarium is nice, we took our granddaughter there a year or so ago. You could also go to Fair Park and see the Museum of Science and History. We went there a few weeks ago and saw the dinosaur exhibit. There are tons of things to do. The best bet would probably be to stop at the "Welcome Center" at the Texas line and get a travel book. It's pretty thick and will show lots of things in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. They also have lots of pamphlets about various attractions in the area. Cowboys stadium is a good idea, I'm not sure about tours. You could probably find info on that at Dallas Cowboys - Home. Hope you get to see lots of good stuff while you're here.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
If I were in Ft Worth, I'd make it a point of getting a burger at Billy Miner's Saloon.

When I was stationed at the former base just west of town, our office would have monthly "welcome & good-bye" luncheons there for new folks and old folks going bye-bye. The burgers and the burger "fixin's" buffet were awesome!!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Which system did you choose for your truck there Clint?

I had a Clifford installed last summer.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
The system i went with is the Avital 5303. Its the top of the line for Avital. I bought it for $115 off of Amazon. The $100 is just for installation. The shop I'm gettin it done at is an authorized Avital dealer so the warranty will still stand. much better than the $475 here in town for a Viper!

Thanks for all the info on Dallas folks. I think ill stop by the Texas welcome center and get me a phamplet.

Here's the link to my remote start thread for your viewing pleasure.
http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/accessories-aftermarket/22612-remote-start.html

CHPMustang

Reaction score
That looks like a nice system that'll have most everything covered;tu

I got the Clifford 50.5x from DEI off Amazon for under $200,labor was $200 for it to be installed by a DEI authorized shop here in Plano.

Be sure to check with your auto insurance as you may be eligible for a 10-15% discount off your insurance premium which could pay for the alarm and install in a year.;tu

The remote start and turbo timer features make it all worth it on the cold mornings and hot afternoons.

Did your shop say how long they need the truck in the shop for the work to get done?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58