What would be a Good Tow Vehicle

Dieselking

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Whats up Guys, I am Interested in Getting a Project car but i plan to trailer it to far away places and i dont want to spend alot of money on a truck nor a Trailer. I was wondering what would be a good fitting truck or SUV. Do you think a Expedition would get the Job done. I dont really want to buy a a Crew Cab F-250 or F-350 or Excursion just to use a Couple times out of the year. would be nice to have.

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Project car" in one sentence and you "don't want to spend a lot of money"

Oh boy are you in for a whole new world. ;) Having been there done that with project cars there is only MONEY. LOL

Anyhow, depending on the weight of the trailer and car, an Expedition can handle it. But you can get a truck cheaper than an Expy since the "Soccer moms" have made the Expys more desirable. Check into a truck. Plus.....trust me when I say this.......if you are doing a project car, that expy will not swallow up parts like a good old pickup bed!

BTW: Whatca rebuilding?

Dieselking

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well its not that iam rebuilding something its fully intact i just want to be able to get home in another vehicle without having to worry if something breaks on the car i take to the track its a SN95 Cobra and i dont want to drive it all the time on the street and i need something for the winter months.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
What is a rough weight of the load your gonna tow? That car can't be that heavy can it? If it's 8k or under , a 5.4l expy should handle it well, any more and I'd go with a pick up with a 5.4, 6.8V10 or a diesel.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'd look for a first gen PSD, get it with the ammenities you desire.... ie; crew cab or not, 4x4 or not, auto or manual etc etc....

They are dependable and very easily modified for your HP needs, get reasonable fuel mileage (will make the 5.4 or V-10 look rediculous) and are fairly reasonable to purchase.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Well said, I'd personally go with diesel, but may not be in everybody's budget. My dad has an Excursion V10 with 4.30s and get 13 mpg highway, so becareful when it comes to gas because with a load behind a gasser you won't pass a gas station.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg