Whatcha think, 4" MBRP or HOG Exhaust System??

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I'm about ready to do the first of several projects for this summer. I'm going to ditch the POS Banks 3 1/2" system and put on a 4" system.

After much thought and internet "window shopping", I think I've narrowed it down to two systems, either MBRP or Hog. I'm going to do a T-304 stainless system because it the best when it comes to corrosion resistance, an important consideration here in the U.P. I've found a MBRP for about $660 and can get a Hog for about $560. Is the MBRP that much better that it's worth an extra $100??

Any thoughts or comments??

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I would bet you $100 you can find a $100 worth of difference. Save the change:sweet

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I've had nothing but happiness from my MBRP, the duals were hard to get perfectly lined up, I had to tack weld it up do get them perfect, but they look great.

BUT: HOG is from what I hear the "Cream of the Crop", if they had a dual than I would've gone with them. But this is just from talk and hear-say.

Last edited:

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fit-Finish-Installation.... I would not have any other than my DPPI, (which is now the MBRP). Mine is the T-304 duals and looks as good today as new, (when I polish it, which makes Rachel roll her eyes).

Barrett

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
My MBRP hits the starter ear on my 6-spd.:dunno Being an auto you should be fine. Dave Meheen told me the only company to offer a 6-spd DP is Banks:rolleyes: , the others are universal.:dunno

Saying that, I'd still get the MBRP!:D

LIPD

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
I like MBRP a little better but it not so much as a would say the Hog systems isn't good.

Give us a call we have both and free shipping.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Last Monday, I ordered a T-304 stainless, 4" MBRP single pipe sytem coming from ITP Diesel, a SDD.com site sponsor.

I should have it tomorrow!:thumbs

In conjunction with the exhaust system project, I'm going to put the 99.5 LARGER INTAKE COVERS on my early 99. I should give a slight performance improvement, lower my EGT's slightly and it'll be be one thing less to do when I get around to upgrading my turbo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14