What's going on everyone? Hello from Alberta

crossfire

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 F350 Harley Davidson 6.0 litre and I just love this truck. Between my Dad and myself, we have had 10 Ford diesels going back to 1989. They have treated us very well. On a couple of the trucks, we had over 250 000 miles on them and never experienced anything serious. I am really struggling over my next truck as I haven't heard a whole bunch good about the mileage on the new 6.4's. I have heard about 12-14 mpg highway and as poor as 5-6 mpg towing.(this is based on the Imperial gallon which is 4.5 litres compared to the US gallon, which is 3.8 litres).

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
:w4

I've heard of people getting as low as 10-12 MPG with the 6.4 and also as high as 16-18 MPG I think alot of it comes down to the individual truck, gear ratio, single or dual rear wheels, 2x4 or 4x4 etc... also your right foot and the way you drive make a huge difference. The 6.4 also seems to be getting progressivley better mileage as it gets more miles on it and gets broken in.
(all figures are in US gallons)

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I'm up in your neck of the woods often. On my way to drop a fifth wheel off in Claresholm, AB right now. be there tomorrow night or sunday.

Not hearing good at all about the 6.4 in the fuel mileage dept among the few that have bought them in the RV transport industry. Last guy I talked to with an F350 CC 4x4 dually said he was getting 6-8 pulling small travel trailers and only 10 - 12 empty. He wasn't a happy man.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14