What's it worth?

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
I am trying to get an idea of what I could possibly sell my X for. My wife has kinda given me a hint about getting a truck and I am entertaining the idea of moving on:( to a truck. Any ideas? 87k miles with plenty of extras. Let me know if anyone has input:sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
87k on a lifted modified 2000 Excursion I want to give a $10k-20k window without checking ebay and the blue book.

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
How did I know you would be the first to respond :sweet Well I found one on ebay with 99k miles for like $19,200 but it looked pretty bad. Mine, and I dont want to brag, is in AMAZING shape :cool: I was looking for about $25k which I know sounds crazy but for someone who knows what it has .....maybe it doesnt sound to bad :)

CHPMustang

Reaction score
One way to help raise that $$$ line up is by taking as many photos as you can including every detail.

I've never gotten to see your truck up close but photos are the absolute tool in making a successful sale:sweet

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont get TOO shocked....i call these "modified" things CULT
cars (or in my case motorcycles)...it takes the RIGHT emotionally
attached buyer.

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
I have been offered $22K for mine, and I have 140K miles on mine. I am entertaining the idea of on '03 7.3L or an '05 6.0L EX. Their are several people that want mine but they know me and know that I thake take of my stuff. I would think from what I have seen on eBay and Autotrader that you could get 20-25K it might take sometime.

dougger222

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Certain years are getting hard to find. The 2000 with the forged rod motor for example is getting harder and harder to find with decent miles and in decent condition. 87K miles is nothing but most people get nervous when looking at lifted vehicles. The lifted Super Duty pick ups I've looked at in the past have been priced lower than stock trucks and the lifted trucks had $5-10K into them.

You should do what previous posters have said and take a bunch of pics and put an add on auto trader and try ebay a few times. Ebay is going to cost you close to $100 to list with a bunch of nice pics but you would be suprised as to how many people are still looking for 2000 diesel Excursions. I've met several people while driving the Excursion that said they tried to find one but couldn't so they bought a pick up.

If you bought it new and paid close to $40K it's more than like paid off by now and there must be another $10K into it. $50K invested lucky to get $25K, not good!

Keep it and buy a truck?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58