what's on your pillar?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You screw a pressure transducer into the fuel line, using a T. It is electrical from the T to the guage. OK?

Dave

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
that makes sense Dave lol

what would you guys go with.. fuel or oil pressure... or is the oil temp on the truck kinda like the trans temp (not very accurate) if its like the trans temp i might want to get an oil temp guage heh??

thanks to all of you btw

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Nate, how about one of THESE? It's a scangauge by Terminator Engineering.

You can configure it to show 2 of upto 15 diff. parameters.

yeah i remember you mentioning that in another thread.... that would actually keep me from having to buy a quad-pod.. but they are pricer than i think i can afford :rant (junior in college)

most of the time when i ask questions on here about things i want to know... its so when i can actually afford it i won't have to ask HAHAHA thats terrible but it gives me more to think and wish about...

when i get to whining about not having the money to put into my truck like i would like and i happen to be at my parents place for the weekend my father quickly puts me in my place (the whole "I drove a beat up ole clunker and you are B.. well you know)... talk about coming back down to earth! makes me feel about as big as an ant...

sorry to get off topic lol

but yes i have seen those and im interested to see what you think if you ever fill that naked space in the dash where your ESOF used to be with one of those gauges.. i know you'll post pics :thumbs

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
there is a test port on the secondary fuel filter bowl.

once you tap that, you need to pick the type of gauge. electric is $$$. mechanical is cheap but you have to use an an isolater for the gauge. there is a 'snubber' fitting that will cap the line from the fuel, then allow you to use non toxic and easy clean up fluid like glycerin or mineral oil of there is a leak in the line in the cab.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
there is a test port on the secondary fuel filter bowl.

once you tap that, you need to pick the type of gauge. electric is $$$. mechanical is cheap but you have to use an an isolater for the gauge. there is a 'snubber' fitting that will cap the line from the fuel, then allow you to use non toxic and easy clean up fluid like glycerin or mineral oil of there is a leak in the line in the cab.

you sayin you would go with a fuel pressure gauge?

thanks

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
yeah i remember you mentioning that in another thread.... that would actually keep me from having to buy a quad-pod.. but they are pricer than i think i can afford :rant (junior in college)

I think a good electronic fuel pressure /gauge/kit is gonna cost close to 200.00, so I would just save up and get the scan gauge IMHO.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I think a good electronic fuel pressure /gauge/kit is gonna cost close to 200.00, so I would just save up and get the scan gauge IMHO.

that is very true.. good point my friend...

im not feeling very froggy right now anyway.. it'll be awhile before i jump.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya