Whats the best airfilter kit?

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
There's really no difference between any of them, all get the same HP (they might vary by like 1 HP) they're all good quality, I have an aFe Stage I and it does the job more than well for me

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any truth to the rumors that Airaid owners have had difficulty with their installs, e.g. especially MAP sensors not fitting as described.

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
I have one(an Airraid). Sensors and housing fit fine. Super easy to install/ uninstall for warranty work. Disadvantage...Uses stock ribbed rubber intake hose...smoother is better and I might change it out. Filter seems to be high quality. You could use a different one if you chose to. A K&N or a AFE. At less than half the price of an AFE stage II Pro-guard and about the same design, You can't go wrong. Put some plexiglass and hinges on the top if you want to seal it off!:sweet

Here are the two filters. Check out the similarities.
vbpicgallery.php

vbpicgallery.php

Last edited:

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
RedBadge6.0,

AFE Stage II PG 7 is the best way to go! We have a sale on all AFE products currently under way too!

Mark @ DPPI

Macattak1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
RedBadge6.0 said:
which airfilter kit gives you the most horsepower?

I have read posts from a guy that was on the design team for the company that made designed those air filters. His position and so many others is that the stock air filter is the best and one of the best ever put in a Ford. The housing could have used another day of R&D. I would not replace it with anything.

Peace

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RedBadge6.0 said:
which airfilter kit gives you the most horsepower?

The benefits do not out weigh the costs and with the "issues" going on with these motors and warranty issues... stay with stock.... it is one of the best set-ups and made filtration systems!!!

Shawnrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The biggest gain you will get is in the form of lower EGT's
The open style box will get more air volume into the motor.
:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14