What's the scoop on vent visors

Mountaineer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello Gang,

I'd like to add some of the window vent visors so I can ventilate the King Ranch in the heat without letting the rain get in. I understand they make an in-channel version of these instead of just stick on version.

Anyone have any experience with this style? I'd like to have some, but I don't want to burn money if they will be ripped off the first time through the local car wash.

Thanks in advance!

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the outside channel visors(They stick on to the window trim with tape). They have been through some high pressure washes and haven't budged an inch. They are awesome especially in the rain :D....

DOING IT OVER AGAIN I WOULD BUY THE IN CHANNEL ONES so that i wouldnt have to scour up the rubber trim.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the outside channel visors(They stick on to the window trim with tape). They have been through some high pressure washes and haven't budged an inch. They are awesome especially in the rain :D....

DOING IT OVER AGAIN I WOULD BUY THE IN CHANNEL ONES so that i wouldnt have to scour up the rubber trim.

Me Too ;tu But I'm happy with the stick on type. Been on for 8 years.. No issues at all.:dunno

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stickons and thay work great. I would not recoment the inchanel visors I put them on the wifes explorer and thay make the windows stick and already caused a regulater to burn up.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Weathertechs

From the 128 degree heat of Phoenix to the wintry below zero temps of Wyoming our Weathertechs hold true for 6 years and counting on our Excursion.

First mod done to our X.:sweet

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the auto vent shade (AVS) in channel on my truck for four years and they have held up great under all conditions. I also had AVS stick ons on my 2000 SD and after about three years the passenger side came loose at about 75MPH and the loose part is probably still on I-90 somewhere. FWIW I also have a AVS bug shield and it has held up great as well. My dad broke the one we put on his SD but that was while plowing snow...

robgj

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the inchannel on my truck. It was the first after market item that i put on it. This is the second truck that I have had the vent visors on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58