What's the secret to installing the Up Pipe?

Jimn8or

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm just finishing up my triple guage installation. Right now, the hardest part seems to be getting the up pipe from the intercooler reconnected to the upper intake that I removed to drill & tap for the boost guage!:rant I figure it's like putting a marshmellow into a piggybank...you know it'll go it's just gonna take some time and effort, but this pipe:dunno If I didn't take it off I would swear it doesn't go on there. Really frustrated here fellas, any advice is welcome. Yes the upper has been in a freezer for 4 hours trying to 'shrink' it.
Regards,
Jim

Jimn8or

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I discovered that if you 'clock' it to approximately the correct orientation and used the strength of Arnie, the SOB goes on. I'd rather stick a #2 philips directly in my left eye than do this again. triple 'A' pillar in now and all is good.:sweet Next up, back-up sensors...ever drilled into a chrome bumper before:dizzy
Cheers,
Jim

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I discovered that if you 'clock' it to approximately the correct orientation and used the strength of Arnie, the SOB goes on. I'd rather stick a #2 philips directly in my left eye than do this again. triple 'A' pillar in now and all is good.:sweet Next up, back-up sensors...ever drilled into a chrome bumper before:dizzy
Cheers,
Jim

Drilling through Chromed things ? Use Masking Tape. Put it over where you want the hole, punch mark it, drill a very small pilot hole.. then use a Step Drill.. Go Slow.

The Masking Tape reduces any chipping. ;tu

Joe

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounded like fun. Post some pics when you are done.

X2 That will help alot with drilling. Speed is the key.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58