What's wrong with my truck?

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
Just got my chip back from twildman, tunes are, stock, economy, daily, street, tow, heavy tow, I have to be honest, I don't feel much going on, there is a difference, but the economy actualy lost mileage compared to the stock tune, the others feel ok, but I didn't Get a WOW that was worth having it reburned, the trans feels way better than the TS patterns, the street setting feels pretty good but again everything I've read about Tonys tunes and how everyone is amazed how good his tunes are.... Just didn't get a big seat of the pants feeling... Ok guys let me know what to look for or what to check, no check engine lights, nothing out of the ordinary as far as the truck goes, Whats goin on here,

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
i know its basic...but whens the last time youve changed oil and filters?

any running issues? abnormal smoke?

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
Oil & filter less than 1k. Fuel has been 6k. I'll get one 2nite

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
Nothing new as far as out of the ordinary, no new smoke, nothing odd, Now that I think about it, I have not done a fuel filter in a long long time, I just put in a new one in and I'llsee if it runs any better, the old filter was pretty dark, and nasty, maybe I have just been neglecting the old girl and she was pissed off, I'll wait a few days to put in a call to Tony...

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Did you remove the protective coating off of the contacts on the circuit board first?

Sounds to me like the chip's contacts are not making good contact with the circuit board.

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
pretty sure it all got removed, the brass began to show through, the TS chip felt ok, but I didnt like the trans shifting at all, TDP tunes seem soft if that makes sence? the trans is way better but the power seems soft, I can tell a difference in the settings but it just feels the same as my superchips, IDK..... I guess I was just looking for a huge difference in power...all the reviews i've read claim the truck is night and day....I dont feel any more than I had before.......do you think I should remove the chip and try to clean the terminals some more? HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS....

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
TAIL GUNNER, if the terminals have some of the protective coating still on there will the chip throw a code or will it just not function 100%?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
TAIL GUNNER, if the terminals have some of the protective coating still on there will the chip throw a code or will it just not function 100%?

From what I understand, if one or more of the contacts are not making a good connection, the chip may not function at all. Or run in a stock mode regardless of the switch settings, which sounds to me like what you're describing.

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
I'll pull the chip and verify I got it all clean, I hope there is some crap on the board still, then I'll feel better about the chip setup,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14