What's wrong?

TapsMan

smog monster
Reaction score
I just installed stage II injectors and a TS Performance chip, along with the Banks Technicooler intercooler and Banks quick turbo housing, and I am olny getting 25psi boost. The truck runs good, but another 10psi would be nice. No check engine light, but I should have an hpop installed. Would this help? Any Ideas?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
are you getting the boost reading from the hot or cold side of the intercooler?its normal to loose about 5PSi of boost post intercooler.25PSi pre intercooler is fine,your turbo will love you.over 25 PSI pre intercooler and your turbo aint long for the world.

what programs on the chip?custom programs or generic TS programs?the generic TS programs wont give you as much power/boost as custom programming

banks quick turbo housing?sorry i aint up to par on the banks junk.is that a smaller exhaust housing?if so put you stock housing back on as the smaller one will be too small with stage 2s.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok just searched for the banks quick turbo.you should go back to stock if you wanna keep your turbo alive with stage 2 injectors

TapsMan

smog monster
Reaction score
The boost guage is hooked up to the intake manifold, "post intercooler". I have heard other negative opinions on the smaller turbo housing. Waste of money!

ryanPSD

Living in Kallynogunforya
Reaction score
Three things. :)

1) If that is post intercooler it sounds like the boost is okay. :confused: I don't have the intercooler in yet but from all I've read that kind of drop is normal and expected.

2) You won't want that small housing on there with those injectors though...

3) Check out www.socaps.com :) We have a guy up your way, most are farther south though.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
TapsMan said:
Oh ya, I told TS Performance about the injectors, and they gave me the hotter program.

let me guess they gave you the "Fuel7" program?

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TapsMan said:
I just installed stage II injectors and a TS Performance chip, along with the Banks Technicooler intercooler and Banks quick turbo housing, and I am olny getting 25psi boost. The truck runs good, but another 10psi would be nice. No check engine light, but I should have an hpop installed. Would this help? Any Ideas?

Check all your intercooler boot connections and the connections from the Y pipe to the intakes. Make sure your ebpv flapper is open all the way. Hows your egts and smoke at wot? Also its a possiblity that you didnt get the right programs on your chip if you have no smoke and egt's are good. Your boost really sounds low, id think you should be somewhere around 35 psi. Ditch the banks exhaust housing, turbo will spool just fine with stage 2's and 1.15 stock housing.

Luke

ryanPSD

Living in Kallynogunforya
Reaction score
-mad -mad -mad -mad -mad -mad With all this stage 2 talk you guys I am like this far **holds up fingers reeeally close together** from calling bean for some stage II's!!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
call.gif
call.gif
call.gif
call.gif

call callcallCALL!! :D :burnit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members