What's wrong?

TapsMan

smog monster
Reaction score
lukecline said:
Check all your intercooler boot connections and the connections from the Y pipe to the intakes. Make sure your ebpv flapper is open all the way. Hows your egts and smoke at wot? Also its a possiblity that you didnt get the right programs on your chip if you have no smoke and egt's are good. Your boost really sounds low, id think you should be somewhere around 35 psi. Ditch the banks exhaust housing, turbo will spool just fine with stage 2's and 1.15 stock housing.

Luke
Hey, there is lots of smoke, and egt's hit 1200 pretty quick. Its probably a bad boost guage because the turbo sounds like its boosting higher than 25 psi. And the truck is fast for having 36's and pushing so much air with the 10" lift. Anybody need a quick turbo housing:( . Nobody thinks I need one!

3-StarJ.R.

53 year old kid.....
Reaction score
give some thought to getting your chip "Custom" reprogrammed for the stage II's. The TS generic tuning is sort of a one size fits all and you now have the potential to do some serious damage to your motor if the timing is off in your "hot" burns.....Luke Cline and Terry (Tubzz) both have had the II's make well above 400 HP and they will tell you there is no better "Wizard" out there for programming than Tony Wildman. Ts burns are good for learning what programming is all about, but with the potential power you've got now you need someone that has already been proven to build safe power. Tony is the one....

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
TapsMan said:
Anybody need a quick turbo housing:( . Nobody thinks I need one!

we dont think,we know.id be willing to put money on it that if you put your stock housing back on your EGTs will drop.the quick spool turbo housing is smaller than the stock housing wich means more restrictive wich means more heat.all your gonna do is kill the turbo with the quick spool housing

have you gutted the EBPV yet?that will also drop your EGTs about 50 degrees.

get ahold of tony wildman [email protected] or bean at www.beansdieselperformance.com and get some wildman programs and watch the EGTs drop and power go way up:burnit :sweet

TapsMan

smog monster
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
we dont think,we know.id be willing to put money on it that if you put your stock housing back on your EGTs will drop.the quick spool turbo housing is smaller than the stock housing wich means more restrictive wich means more heat.all your gonna do is kill the turbo with the quick spool housing

have you gutted the EBPV yet?that will also drop your EGTs about 50 degrees.

get ahold of tony wildman [email protected] or bean at www.beansdieselperformance.com and get some wildman programs and watch the EGTs drop and power go way up:burnit :sweet
I am putting the stock housing back on. I haven't called TS perf to make sure the chip is set up for stg II's, but we'll see today. What aobut the oil & fuel supply, is it a concern?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
dont bother with the TS programs.talk to bean or tony wildman.i gaurantee you wont be happy with the TS programs but you will be more than tickled with tonys programs.

fuel and oil will depend on what you plan on doing with the truck.a super duty hunmped HPOP will work just fine on your truck,im running one on mine now till i get other issues straightened out.or if you are a power freak then the stealth dual HPOP will do good for you but will need an aftermarket fuel system for it to fit.but if your just lookin for some extra towing power and some play power than a super duty HPOP and stock fuel will be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58