Wheel finish problems!

foxrider241

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll i recently got a set of mickey thompson classic 2's aluminum and there clear coated. I went muddin with a buddy of mine and the next day at work he had decided to clean my truck for me "nice guy" but the degreaser we have a our work is very strong, for cleaning up under the hoods and crud on tractors, but while i was off doin my thing he sprayed my rims with it to loosen the dried mud and took a hard brissle brush to them. Well it got the mud off but it took the entire shine out of my rims and they have light scratches. The degreaser from what i know does not remove clear and have used it on painted surfaces with no problem but w/o using a brush. Any good aluminum polishes out there? I had meguiars but didnt approve much of it.

Reaction score
All you gotta do is look up top of this page to our sponsor. Bad Dog Polish aint nothing else that i've used that works as good as it.
HPIM0127.jpg

Last edited:

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are clearcoated wheels, treat them the same as the finish on you'r paint is what I was always told. Have you tried waxing them? :dunno

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Find the compound you want to use to polish them. Then use it with a Mothers powerball Mini, and a cordless drill, saves a TON of elbow grease, and takes less time. just my .02

foxrider241

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
They are clear coated, and i've yet to even put any wax on yet on them due to the fact i havent been to the strip or the shows due to the fact i destroyed my ACL, besides that the ONLY wax i use and that body shops around me swear by it and even remove the labels off the bottles so people dont know, Collinites 840 pre-wax and 845 sealer, i've used mothers, meguiars, turtle ice and nothing at all comes not even damn close to Collinites. And i've had a mothers power ball for awhile now and love the thing, i just need to try my waxes and i'll take some before and after pics to show ya guys what this stuff can do. Didn't think of using it untill 02stroker said treat the finish as your paint due to the fact they are clear coated.
Well my gimp ass is goin down to the garage to see if i can get these lookin better than new, and thanks for all the ideas and i'll have to try that bad dog polish

Last edited:

foxrider241

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well after gimpin around i busted out the mothers power ball and my super duper amazing wax! hahah, took about 10 minutes to get stuff set up and started with the pre-wax polish and then the sealer, well took around 1/2 hour to do all 4 wheels and they still need some more work, they still have some light scratches also still some dull spots. But it was good enough for me for now, and had to clean up the rest of the truck, AND yes thats a 8ft tall ladder next to my truck haha it's the only way i can clean my hood and windshield since my lil accident...:rant
0826081513.jpg

0826081413a.jpg

0826081413.jpg

0826081359a.jpg

0826081359.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr